Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

Bitch please. Golden globes only predict the winner of each award about 40% of the time. So even if Frankenweenie is doing well with the Golden Globes, it still has a long shot from winning the Oscar.Either WIR or Brave is the frontrunner. Both are crowd-pleaders (less so the former) that made over $150M. Frankenweenie was a flop that made only $30M in its run.Academy voters usually go for the crowd-pleaser when voting for Best Animated Feature. So by that logic, Frankenweenie could get nominated, but it has virtually no chance of winning.

I don't think BO has much, if anything, to do with it. Rango was a flop and it won.Brave has no shot, it hasn't won a single award. Frankenweenie is the best reviewed animated film of the year and has won the two most significant critic awards, saying "it has virtually no chance of winning" is utter nonsense

Brave's story might be weak to some but the technical aspect is really impressive and should be enough for a nomination.I think Disney's PR is promoting Frankenweenie more than WIR for the Oscar win is because it is a box office failure and it winning an Oscar is something that they could use to promote it for DVD/Bluray sales and probably being an Oscar winner could also help when licensing the film's rights to TV channels for a higher price. Just guessing here

Edited by forg

I don't think BO has much, if anything, to do with it. Rango was a flop and it won.Brave has no shot, it hasn't won a single award. Frankenweenie is the best reviewed animated film of the year and has won the two most significant critic awards, saying "it has virtually no chance of winning" is utter nonsense

Rango wasn't really a flop. Just a small dissapointment.But Academy voters will pick the success usually.2010 - Toy Story 32009 - Up2008 - Wall-EAnd on and on and on and on...Seriously, only Burton's fans are pushing Frankenweenie for a BAF nod. The movie looked terrible, and its only on par with Wreck-It Ralph's 73 Metascore. Sure it has a 74 Metascore but that's a slight difference. Edited by Alpha

Rango wasn't really a flop. Just a small dissapointment.But Academy voters will pick the success usually.2010 - Toy Story 32009 - Up2008 - Wall-EAnd on and on and on and on...Seriously, only Burton's fans are pushing Frankenweenie for a BAF nod. The movie looked terrible, and its only on par with Wreck-It Ralph's 73 Metascore. Sure it has a 74 Metascore but that's a slight difference.

That's a pile of crap. Was it Burton fans who gave the movie a better critical reception than any movie he's done since Ed Wood? Given that critics tore Burton's last two movies apart I don't think that's likely. Was it Burton fans in Boston, New York, LA, Nevada and Kansas who voted it Best Animated Film in 2012?I get it, you don't want it to win, that's obviously fine. But you're being daft if you really don't think it has a shot.

Rango wasn't really a flop. Just a small dissapointment.But Academy voters will pick the success usually.2010 - Toy Story 32009 - Up2008 - Wall-EAnd on and on and on and on...Seriously, only Burton's fans are pushing Frankenweenie for a BAF nod. The movie looked terrible, and its only on par with Wreck-It Ralph's 73 Metascore. Sure it has a 74 Metascore but that's a slight difference.

That's a pile of crap. Was it Burton fans who gave the movie a better critical reception than any movie he's done since Ed Wood? Given that critics tore Burton's last two movies apart I don't think that's likely. Was it Burton fans in Boston, New York, LA, Nevada and Kansas who voted it Best Animated Film in 2012?I get it, you don't want it to win, that's obviously fine. But you're being daft if you really don't think it has a shot. Corpse Bride got in with much weaker reviews, not so great BO and little to no precursors.

After watching Paranorman today I wouldnt personally nominate it for best animation.I really loved the animation and character designs, and the very human message the movie had going, but I think it suffered from an unfunny script with poor dialogue, and a boring and depressing main character (who actually reminded me of Huey from Boondocks). I also think it needed to be tightened a little.Not a bad movie, but not as good as Hotel Transylvania, The Pirates! or Brave imo

Edited by Jack Nevada

Everyone loved that movie except you, Jack. You're the worstAnd unfortunately for you I don't think Hotel Transylvania is gonna get an Oscar nom. :lol::P

I acknowledge that ParaNorman is of higher artistic quality than Hotel Transylvania, but goddammit that movie left a better taste in my mouth than ParaNorman