Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

I think Frankenweenie is more to the Academy's tastes. Plus Disney will probably push the 'Burton is overdue' factor, it's almost certainly his only real shot at a win.Either way, are Disney going to be able to campaign three movies? Brave might get the shaft.

• Like 1

I think Frankenweenie is more to the Academy's tastes. Plus Disney will probably push the 'Burton is overdue' factor, it's almost certainly his only real shot at a win.

How is it more to their tastes? Four of the last five winners were Pixar films (plus Rango).

It's more about basic appeal. Wreck-It-Ralph is more likely to appeal to teenagers and young adults than the old farts in the Academy.

This isn't Picture. The old farts matter far less in this category. They've proven time and time again they'll go for the big crowd-pleaser.

Plus it's reviews are slightly better, it's emotional core is less abstract and it has a big name attached to it.

With the reviews, we're talking 89% to 84% on RT and 74 to 72 on Metacritic. It's such a slim difference. As for the "emotional core", I keep seeing people talk about how much it affected them so it seems to be hitting some kind of chord. Lastly, Disney is pushing both of these, and I'm guessing they'll push the big hit with a guaranteed sequel over the box office disappointment. It's basically the studio's Shrek.

I'm not trying to knock Frankenweenie but I don't see how it has a better shot than Ralph, all things considered.

It's more about basic appeal. Wreck-It-Ralph is more likely to appeal to teenagers and young adults than the old farts in the Academy. Plus it's reviews are slightly better, it's emotional core is less abstract and it has a big name attached to it.

agreed the old members never played video games so the movie won't be big of deal to themFrankenweenie on the other hand is about old horror films.

With the reviews, we're talking 89% to 84% on RT and 74 to 72 on Metacritic. It's such a slim difference. As for the "emotional core", I keep seeing people talk about how much it affected them so it seems to be hitting some kind of chord. Lastly, Disney is pushing both of these, and I'm guessing they'll push the big hit with a guaranteed sequel over the box office disappointment. It's basically the studio's Shrek.I'm not trying to knock Frankenweenie but I don't see how it has a better shot than Ralph, all things considered.

I loved both films so I definitely won't be losing any sleep over it, but I definitely think Frankenweenie has the slight upper hand here. I don't think box office is very important. Even if it was, Disney's FYC site shows that Frankenweenie is getting more Academy screenings than Ralph so that'll help compensate. Edited by Frankendddeeenie