Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

I'm finding this year very mediocre for animation. The Pirates was the most entertaining for me so far. Brave was alright, Tangled was better though. I'm looking forward to seeing what Paranorman is like on Sunday, so hopefully some hope may be restored to me.

Edited by Schumacher FTW

FrankenweenieParanormanWreck-it RalphBraveRise of the GuardiansI think it will be between Paranorman and Wreck-it Ralph. Early word on Ralph is that it's absolutely spectacular. And seeing as how that word has yet to be used to describe ANY of the other animated features so far this year, I'd say Ralph will take it home. Frankenweenie has the best reviews of the year so far, but the Academy is not so into Burton, so he will be snubbed as usual.Rise of the Guardians has been winning things left and right, only because Katzenberg is shopping it around. He's back to his old ways. The last few times he set out to make an an animated film designed specifically to win an oscar... he failed. Twice. (Pocahontas and The Prince of Egypt). Variety gave Guardians a negative review, so that's not a good sign.

Article @ In Contention says that 21 films have qualified for contention. Is that the most ever? I think a couple indie/foreign ones could sneak on like last year, maybe one could even win this time.

A indie/foreign will sneak in even in a field of 3. Win, would be lovely but probably not happening.

The 21 submitted features, listed in alphabetical order by title, are: "Adventures in Zambezia" "Brave" "Delhi Safari" "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax" "Frankenweenie" "From Up on Poppy Hill" "Hey Krishna" "Hotel Transylvania" "Ice Age Continental Drift" "A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman" "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" "The Mystical Laws" "The Painting" "ParaNorman" "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" "The Rabbi's Cat" "Rise of the Guardians" "Secret of the Wings" "Walter & Tandoori's Christmas" "Wreck-It Ralph" "Zarafa"

The 21 submitted features, listed in alphabetical order by title, are:

"Adventures in Zambezia"

"Brave"

"Delhi Safari"

"Dr. Seuss' The Lorax"

"Frankenweenie"

"From Up on Poppy Hill"

"Hey Krishna"

"Hotel Transylvania"

"Ice Age Continental Drift"

"A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman"

"Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted"