hasanahmad

Thursday Box Office 5/17/2012 Avengers 6.2 (402M) Dictator 2.8 (7M) DS 1.7 (38M)

Had they put Liam Neeson saying that with an epic scene after it, it would have locked at least 50M OW.

I was actually excited the first time I saw the trailer, I kept waiting for him to say it, and nothing! Then I find out it's not in the movie at all.. WTF. They make a movie after a ridiculous board game but that one line is going overboard? They want to be taken seriously? :bash:
  • Like 1

Summer is going to be boring thanks to Avengers sucking the life out of the box office.

Nope.There are a lot of films coming out that look to do outstanding business.

I was actually excited the first time I saw the trailer, I kept waiting for him to say it, and nothing! Then I find out it's not in the movie at all.. WTF. They make a movie after a ridiculous board game but that one line is going overboard? They want to be taken seriously? :bash:

You deserve a like, but I have none left for today :lol:

Nope.There are a lot of films coming out that look to do outstanding business.

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about...MIB3, Prometheus, Brave, TASM and TDKR will all do big to huge business. With the start TA gave it, this summer has the potential to be one of the biggest ever.
  • Like 1

I don't know why it makes me so angry but I've been steamed about it ever since I found out :lol:

I was actually also expecting some line like that said by Liam Nesson. I was disappointed after seeing the movie and no line like that was said.

How do you know people want to see MIB3?

It's one of summers most anticipated movies per Fandango. Rotten Tomatoes User Ratings/Want to See are up there with the Dark Knight Rises. 95% of 165,638.So yeah. People want to see it.

Safehouse earned 400k in midnights and went on to open to 40m. Just sayin'...

Safe House also had Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds as leads, strong critical buzz, opened in the middle of February where it's only competition was Chronicle, and had an actual plot.

which movies do you think will do good?

TDKR: 465MIB3: 250Brave: 230GI Joe: 200Prometheus: 175-200Spidey: 185-200Expendables: 170Snow White: 150-220Rock of Ages: 130-150Madagascar: 175Ice age: 150-170Bourne/Total Recall: 100-120
  • Like 1

Marvel’s The Avengers on Thursday set a new domestic speed record, reaching the $400M box office threshold in 14 days. Worldwide, it has passed Toy Story 3 andPirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest to become the #6 highest-grossing film of all time and the highest grossing Disney release ever. Internationally it is the #9 highest-grossing film of all time.

The Avengers’ cumulative performance to date: International box office $668.7M and Domestic $402M for Global $1,070.7M.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/avengers-400m-in-14-days-sets-new-domestic-speed-record-6-all-time-highest-grossing-film/
  • Like 1

Safe House also had Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds as leads, strong critical buzz, opened in the middle of February where it's only competition was Chronicle, and had an actual plot.

Safe House didn't have strong critical buzz. I'll give you the rest though.