hasanahmad

Thursday Box Office 5/17/2012 Avengers 6.2 (402M) Dictator 2.8 (7M) DS 1.7 (38M)

Safe House also had Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds as leads, strong critical buzz, opened in the middle of February where it's only competition was Chronicle, and had an actual plot.

That's besides the point. He's just showing that a film that has no midnight demand can and has made 40 mill opening weekend off a non existent midnight number.

The weekend numbers are out for Battleship already? It's 8:30 on the West Coast in the US. How did you get the numbers already? :)

You don't know? I fucking stole the time machine from Nikki!

i think TA has something to do with how bad movies are performing. the year started so good. no blockbuster hit, but many mid-level performing films. and then all of a sudden...everything is disappointing. and you can't say the films released in the first months were amazing quality.

250 for MIB3? Shit. I have it around 150.

MIB will be lucky of going a little bit ahead of 150.TASM in other hand will be the sleeper hit. There's always the summer sleeper hit. ;) Edited by iJackSparrow

That's besides the point. He's just showing that a film that has no midnight demand can and has made 40 mill opening weekend off a non existent midnight number.

We'll see. There are some awfully big red flags that led up t this moment though.

Well if every year a movie like TA hits the theaters, I'm okay with most everything else sucking. :P

Seriously though, TA is a blockbuster monster that opened in the beginning of the summer movie season, it was bound to happen like this with the other movies. And for what I've seen of BS, it deserves to sink.

MIB3 will do well. It will likely outgross Prometheus and Snow White, whether people want to admit it or not

I'm happy to admit it now that it looks like it's not the disaster I was expecting

I thought you were out of plutonium though.

It is the advanced version...Nikki has outdone Doc.... now you take a shit in it and it runs!!And I never seem to run out of that.