• POTC: Dead Mans Chest
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Isn't it kind of sad that most of them are sequels/remakes/spinoffs?Top 10 Worldwide Unadjusted Original films:AvatarTitanicThe Lion KingJurassic ParkFinding NemoInceptionIndependence DayE.TStar Wars2012Although we could argue that Titanic isn't original as it has source material and an earlier film.

Jurassic Park is based on a book as are all Harry Potters they are not sequels like AiW

Interesting that the top 3 movies of all-time are the work of writer-directors. Proof that Hollywood would do better trusting their blockbusters to a singular filmmaker's vision rather than the too many cooks that usually work on tentpole movies.Anyway, here's my rankings:1. Return of the King2. Toy Story 33. Titanic4. The Avengers5. The Dark Knight6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II7. Avatar8. The Phantom Menace9. Dead Man's Chest10. Alice in WonderlandHaven't seen OST and DOM doesn't even deserve a ranking

I really don't understand the Titanic hate. People need to explain that to me.Here is why I love it:1. The Score (not Celine Deion's song, that's crap).2. The magestic shots.3. The dialogue and the way it is delivered with such emotion.4. The fact that this actually happened (the boat sinking and people dying, not the false love story).5. The chemistry that DiCaprio and Winslet had actually makes you think that they did, in fact, fall in love so when Jack dies in the water, you are saddened.I mean, yeah, it is long and the first 30 minutes or so aren't really necessary and some of the things Rose does are really dumb (like jumping off the life boat back onto Titanic). But once you get pass all of that, it is really a romantic disaster drama. I just can watch it anytime. It is one of the purest movies I've ever seen and one that will, in my opinion, live on well longer than most of the movies on this list.So, again, just tell me what you hate about it, because I just don't understand.

I don't hate it, but I just get bored by romance and this film has so much of it.

1. TDK

2. LOTR 3

3. DH2

4. Avatar

5. Alice In Wonderland

6. POTC 4

7. Titanic

8. POTC 2

(Have not seen the others).

Update:

1. TDK

2. LOTR 3

3. DH2

4. Avatar

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Alice In Wonderland

7. POTC 4

8. Titanic

9. POTC 2

• Like 1

Movies listed in order of my favourite.

The Dark Knight: A master class in how to make a film for the masses while also being.....something more. You can take it as pure popcorn fun or get indepth with the interesting themes Nolan has injected into the flick. The pacing could use some work but over all it is my favourite film on this list. A

Return to the King : Probably my least favourite of the LOTR movies. But thats like saying out of Pizza, Nachos and Lasagna, Nachos is my least favourite. I mean I really fucking love Nachos guys. The amount of detail packed into this film is amazing, even if the pacing is all over the place. A

Toy Story 3 : Pixar are simply an amazing studio who constantly impress me with their high caliber of work. TS3 is no exception. Funny when it needs to be, Poignant when it needs to be, they really do make films that all ages can find something to enjoy. Love it. A

Avengers : Probably the best 'pure' pop-corn movie on this list. Many awesome scenes, well paced and directed. But after watching it really didn't stay with me. B+

Harry Potter Deathly Part 2 : Like most potter films really. It is solid without being particularly spectacular. B

Titanic : Basically a better version of Avatar. Rose and Jack are a much better match for each other, and the time spent with them is entertaining enough. Still, its not my type of film at the end of the day. B

Avatar : Ever wanted to combine Dances with Wolves with Titanic? Yeah, me either. It is a very well directed film but the story is kinda insulting to my brain and for a movie that brought forth the new 3D era, the characters themselves are very flat. C

The Pirates Movies: To be honest these two just run together for me. I was entertained by them at the time I guess, but no desire to see the film again. C

Alice in Wonder Land: Did not see

Transformers 3 : To quote shakespeare "It is a tale told by an idiot, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Still better than Transformers 2 though! Would seriously consider genital torture before watching it again though. F

• Like 2

Movies listed in order of my favourite.

The Dark Knight: A master class in how to make a film for the masses while also being.....something more. You can take it as pure popcorn fun or get indepth with the interesting themes Nolan has injected into the flick. The pacing could use some work but over all it is my favourite film on this list. A

Return to the King : Probably my least favourite of the LOTR movies. But thats like saying out of Pizza, Nachos and Lasagna, Nachos is my least favourite. I mean I really fucking love Nachos guys. The amount of detail packed into this film is amazing, even if the pacing is all over the place. A

Toy Story 3 : Pixar are simply an amazing studio who constantly impress me with their high caliber of work. TS3 is no exception. Funny when it needs to be, Poignant when it needs to be, they really do make films that all ages can find something to enjoy. Love it. A

Avengers : Probably the best 'pure' pop-corn movie on this list. Many awesome scenes, well paced and directed. But after watching it really didn't stay with me. B+

Harry Potter Deathly Part 2 : Like most potter films really. It is solid without being particularly spectacular. B

Titanic : Basically a better version of Avatar. Rose and Jack are a much better match for each other, and the time spent with them is entertaining enough. Still, its not my type of film at the end of the day. B

Avatar : Ever wanted to combine Dances with Wolves with Titanic? Yeah, me either. It is a very well directed film but the story is kinda insulting to my brain and for a movie that brought forth the new 3D era, the characters themselves are very flat. C

The Pirates Movies: To be honest these two just run together for me. I was entertained by them at the time I guess, but no desire to see the film again. C

Alice in Wonder Land: Did not see

Transformers 3 : To quote shakespeare "It is a tale told by an idiot, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Still better than Transformers 2 though! Would seriously consider genital torture before watching it again though. F

Basically, I agree in everything. I would add The Dark Knight Rises (new billion movie) tied with The Dark Knight. Probably, when I had watch it more times it can go down in the ranking but for the moment I love it.
  • Like 1

Transformers 3 is better than half the movies on this list. Much better than ROTK, Toy Story 3 and a slew of others.My list would be:1) Titanic: Never gets old, will get choked up watching it.2) The Dark Knight: The best comic book film ever made.3) Avengers: Very close to TDKR in terms of grade4) Transformers 3: Bay's second best film and a mind blowing experience5) The Phantom Menace: A glorious return to a world I love6) Avatar: Fun film but not a masterpiece7) On Stranger Tides: Easily the best Pirates film imo8) Toy Story 3: I don't get the Toy story films.9) Return of the King: A decent film but very flawed and goes on wat too long10) The Dark Knight Rises: Along with Prometheus, one of the most illogical films ever made.11) Deathly Hallows 2: It's Potter.12) Alice in Wonderland: WTF did I watch? 13) Dead Man's Chest: Still have no idea what this film is about

• Like 2