Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

47 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Dinosaurs and the Jurrassic IP were like 99% of the draw.  Most of Pratt's current buzz now is off of GOTG otherwise people would be saying Bryce is a huge draw as she was the main protagonist of the movie, but they don't.

Bryce may have been the main protagonist in the movie, but that certainly didn't translate into the marketing. That was all Pratt and his raptors.

I'm bored of the draw debates though. So repetitive and futile. We'll probably have this debate again when the movie breaks the OW September record.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Yeah, reviews and reactions should be out tommorow, after the TIFF opening.

It's also the closing film at Venice so there shouldn't be a shortage of reviews coming in.

At least it seems like markteing is revving up. ET ran a behind-the-scenes story and I hope the cast starts making the rounds and promoting soon.

Edited by JennaJ

The twitter (and YouTube video) reactions are coming...

So far so good. Sounds like a crowd pleaser to me. I think it's gonna do what it promises - be an entertaining western.

More reviews coming in:

Mashable: 'The Magnificent Seven' surpasses the original in every regard, especially its movie stars

Indiewire: ‘The Magnificent Seven’ Is A Fun And Surprisingly Fresh Western About Trump’s America — TIFF Review:
Great chemistry and a subtle political undercurrent make Antoine Fuqua's remake of a remake feel like something new.

Uproxx: The new The Magnificent Seven is a master class in over-the-top acting and line delivery and, really, just everything. I want to see it again.

Variety: Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt star in a remake of the 1960 Western classic that hits all the right buttons but misses the fun of the original. Maybe because back then, this plot wasn't old hat.

Edited by JennaJ

6 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

More reviews coming in:

Mashable: 'The Magnificent Seven' surpasses the original in every regard, especially its movie stars

Indiewire: ‘The Magnificent Seven’ Is A Fun And Surprisingly Fresh Western About Trump’s America — TIFF Review:
Great chemistry and a subtle political undercurrent make Antoine Fuqua's remake of a remake feel like something new.

Uproxx: The new The Magnificent Seven is a master class in over-the-top acting and line delivery and, really, just everything. I want to see it again.

Variety: Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt star in a remake of the 1960 Western classic that hits all the right buttons but misses the fun of the original. Maybe because back then, this plot wasn't old hat.

:huh:

Seems like the trades are leaning more mixed-to-negative while others are positive. I think that will bode well for WOM.

It's not going to get high praises, and that was obvious from the get go, but it's not getting trashed as far as I can see and the word fun keeps popping up. I think it's gonna have good WOM.

Business Insider: (positive)

'The Magnificent Seven' is an ultra-violent thrill ride with the best stars money can buy. The new reboot of the 1960 classic Western “The Magnificent Seven,” out September 23, is nowhere close to the original — and that’s not a knock.

Edited by JennaJ

11 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

More reviews coming in:

When does RT start picking up the reviews?  Nothing is there yet.

This film has a $108 million production budget. It's needs a debut over  $40, a total about $125 million domestic and a foreign take of $120 and make near $250 million worldwide. Sony will have an alright success but this could do even bigger. Mixed reviews aren't surprising for the film, but should bring in audiences.