Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

Oddly, the trailers and promos don't interest me. Looks like a different take on western, but also generic, if that makes sense. 

But because it has my man Denzel, I gotta show support. 

Love Ethan Hawke and Lee Byung Hun too, so extra plus points there. 

• Like 1

On July 19, 2016 at 10:29 AM, 4815162342 said:

What I said was a compliment. Fraser in The Mummy is a great example of a competent, swaggering, but occasionally goofy hero.

I love the first Mummy so much. Highly entertaining and highly rewatchable. 

I thought Fraser was great in his role, and his chemistry with Rachel Weisz is gold. Weisz herself was also a great heroine in the movie too. I had such a huge crush on her :wub: Still do. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

I love the first Mummy so much. Highly entertaining and highly rewatchable. 

I thought Fraser was great in his role, and his chemistry with Rachel Weisz is gold. Weisz herself was also a great heroine in the movie too. I had such a huge crush on her :wub: Still do. 

I approve of this message.

Spoiler

Rachel-Weisz_0213-1.jpg

rachel-rachel-weisz-895789_1024_819.jpg

Rachel-Weisz-Pictures-1.jpg

• Like 5

Guess there won't be an embargo on this one, since it's debuting in TIFF two weeks before its OW. 

For better or worse, word should be out well in advance. If it's a good movie on top of its great cast, it can really breakout.

It'll be the first big, action packed movie out in over a month (the rest of August and early September look very dull this year), it has the star power. All it needs is good reviews / WOM and I think it's gonna be a big winner for Sony.

• Like 1

Im pulling for this.  My dad grew up loving the magnificent 7 with yul brynner and mcqueen and pretty much made me watch the original a bajillion times.  It looks pretty fun and hope it sticks to the orginal somewhat.  Ill be there opening weekend no matter what.

• Like 1

Starting to think that this is the remake that Sony should have banked for this year's Summer. They should've had Ghostbusters play on Halloween season, maybe that would have helped it a little bit.

But yeah, if WOM is really good, this thing can blow up. It's between this and Passengers for Sony's #1 film this year (more likely Passengers but whatever).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

But yeah, if WOM is really good, this thing can blow up. It's between this and Passengers for Sony's #1 film this year (more likely Passengers but whatever).

Well if Passengers actually comes out this year. I'll stay dubious until we get a trailer.

Whichever Sony exec said "Let's get Chris Pratt to make his post-JW movies with us" probably desereves a raise.

• Like 2

On August 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM, JennaJ said:

Well if Passengers actually comes out this year. I'll stay dubious until we get a trailer.

Whichever Sony exec said "Let's get Chris Pratt to make his post-JW movies with us" probably desereves a raise.

Probably wasn't Amy Pascal who suggested Chris Pratt:P

She was likely already out of her executive position by then.

On August 18, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Jay Beezy said:

Probably wasn't Amy Pascal who suggested Chris Pratt:P

She was likely already out of her executive position by then.

Actually I think it was her.

It was in the leaked Sony e-mails, she sent him the Uncharted script which he passed on, and her response to that was suggesting Magnificent Seven instead.

[mod snip]

Equalizer would have been lame if it weren't for that cool Home Alone type finale. Problem with it was it was too much of a "just another Denzel action pic". Thankfully Mag7 looks different enough, and I honestly think Pratt is somewhat of a draw himself.

Trailer actually made it look good until the stupid modern music played in the background......

Even if the    actual score is better,it won't hold a candle to the original Elmer Bernstein  score.

I'll go see it, since I love Westerns,but with muted anticipation.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Trailer actually made it look good until the stupid modern music played in the background......

Even if the    actual score is better,it won't hold a candle to the original Elmer Bernstein  score.

I'll go see it, since I love Westerns,but with muted anticipation.

I doubt that awful song from the trailer is in the actual movie.

Isn't it James Horner's final score? That story itself is pretty amazing, about how he wrote the entire score just based on the script before shooting even started, and it only came to light after his death.