Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Disturbing lack of great COX gifs online. I simply wanted one of "I like your land".

There's this great moment when Brendan Gleeson says "Will you go to war with me, brotha?" and they do this epic bro handshake.

I will buy the Blu-Ray with digital copy and correct this mistake.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

You're channeling me more than me. 

I give it a solid B

I'm doing your job for you lol.

I mean, it was enjoyable for the most part. But I wasn't impressed with any of the promo materials, so my expectatations were low to begin with, and the movie didn't do much to improve those initial impressions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

I mean, it was enjoyable for the most part. But I wasn't impressed with any of the promo materials, so my expectatations were low to begin with, and the movie didn't do much to improve those initial impressions. 

And The Assassin screen time? :qotd:

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I was pleasantly surprised they did give Byung-hun Lee a little more to do than just be the Asian blade expert. I liked his interactions with Ethan Hawke.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I was pleasantly surprised they did give Byung-hun Lee a little more to do than just be the Asian blade expert. I liked his interactions with Ethan Hawke.

They handled the main 7 well. Usually its like 2 leads, 2 other dudes and 3 extras. But I felt like we had 7 characters and for the most part they got enough to do. 

The lead girl didn't though. 

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Yeah, definitely! He's a good actor, not terrific, top of the line or anything in Korea (in my opinion, cause there are probably others who claim otherwise) but he's very solid, has range and also charismatic. So it's been disappointing that all he had gotten so far in Hollywood are the typical deadly Asian assassin roles. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

They handled the main 7 well. Usually its like 2 leads, 2 other dudes and 3 extras. But I felt like we had 7 characters and for the most part they got enough to do. 

The lead girl didn't though. 

The Native American character felt like a total afterthought though.

Aside from

Spoiler

Sharing a deer stomach/liver/something with Denzel and soloing the evil Native American, he did nothing.

Aside from some forced friction with Chris Pratt's character, the Mexican Sevener pretty much just was a warm body too.

• Like 1