The Intouchables

27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Intouchables

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Story of two friends coming from different worlds, who change each other for the better. Both characters smilingly overcome their problems. This is no comedy where the issues are belittled (they are what they are). Both parties contribute to the friendship the best of the backgrounds they come from. The actors deliver superb performances to show us a queer and funny world. The plot itself is so unbelievable that only its being derived from a true story keeps us from condemning it as too treacly.A very good movie deserving all the praise it gets.

A feelgood story about a coloured criminal working as nurse/servant for a paraplegic millionaire in Paris - think about an amphetamine-powered version of "Driving Miss Daisy", and it also reminds me of last year's "La Tête en friche" - a film about two outsiders slowly getting to know each other and finally enriching each other's life. "Intouchables" is maybe too predictable but really fun (lots of laughs, some of them very shrill), charming and in parts touching and poignant, and everything in the right degree so it has a nice rhythm and flow. And it's not even a tear-jerker; I was expecting worse. HIGHLY recommended.

Believe the hype !!! This film can only be considered bad by a non human ... it is perhaps the best dramedy I ever saw and Omar Sy embodies the word charisma ... what a fucking performance I am speechless at his talent right now Cluzzet was also brilliant but I've seen him before and I know how great of an actor he is Direction of the movie was flawless too Simply put it deserves its high spot on IMDB top 250 America don't be stupid you are missing out a movie equally powerful as Shawshank Redemption and much better than Forest Gump 9/10

• Like 1

This movie kicks all kinds of ass.I went in ready to cry, but I ended up laughing my ass off! Intouchables is totally hilarious. It has serious stuff too, sure, but the overall tone is light which I appreciated.The main guys (Omar Sy and Francoise Cluzot) had fantastic chemistry, and both delivered enjoyable performances. The movie is predictable, but it didnt really matter since I was loving it so much. I didnt want it to end!The ultimate crowpleaser of the year, in the best way possible9/10

• Like 1

After reading some of the review sin here, I had to see it for myself. I did not quite know what to expect because of all the hype. I thought the story was just another retread about how an inner city person shows the folly of the rich secluded person's ways, but it is so much more then that.Omar Sy's performance is magnetic. Even when his character messes up, I never believed that that it was on purpose. I really enjoyed the comradarie between him and the rich guy. It felt almost as if they were brothers, not just friends. I thought this movie is really uplifting as well. As Omar tried to show that rich paralyzed guy that life is not over just because you are in a wheelchair. You can still date. You can still go parachuting and live life. Anyways, I agree with the hype and give it an A. Though it lacked some of the emotional staying power.

One of the easiest A's I've ever been able to give.Such a beautiful beautiful movie, I'm actually grateful that my friends told me to watch it. (When you're sitting with 3 French people in a bar and a song from the movie automatically reminds them of this film, you really understand what a cultural phenomenon it was, and will continue to be).

by the numbers drama, but the last minute elevates the film to a whole new level. François Cluzet acting is just out of this world good.

The cassic "feel good" film.

B (70)

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D

At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I'm just going to drop the charade and say that there is a very strong Movie of the Week vibe that pervades throughout this film.  The acting of course is a strength, but in the end everything about this watching experience screamed safe and conservative to me.

I would rather a film be ambitious and take chances.  Even if they don't always work, at least creativity and ideas are present.  To me, there's nothing worse than not feeling anything about a film.  This film is the equivalent of network television in cinema.

France's version of The Blind Side.  And damn it, one was more than enough.
  • Like 1