Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I did. I love his reviews even when he isn't gaga about movies that I anticipate. I'm going by tweets but that could be deceiving. Still hoping for the best! 

Tweets are not a good indicator imo. i hope for the best too

5 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

I've been predicting around a 70% on RT but idk.. how much will it be affected if we end up with a 55-60%? I don't see it going lower then that.. that would be disastrous, infact 60 would already be pretty disastrous. Lowest I'll say is ~55%. 

At this point the only thing that will affect the OW is the hurricane. If reviews/WOM are meh, that will be reflected in the third weekend and beyond (though maybe second)

Hurricane Irma's impact will be pretty minimal. Not to sound callous (definitely stay safe FloridaBOT!), but the amount of people affected by the storm is not that much; probably like 3-4% of the entire US population. The kind of storms that cause a sizable impact to the box office are ones that affect much wider areas, like the big snow storms that can take out the Northeast for a day.

10 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Hurricane Irma's impact will be pretty minimal. Not to sound callous (definitely stay safe FloridaBOT!), but the amount of people affected by the storm is not that much; probably like 3-4% of the entire US population. The kind of storms that cause a sizable impact to the box office are ones that affect much wider areas, like the big snow storms that can take out the Northeast for a day.

That's still a lot of people :lol: Irma isn't like recent hurricanes that caused theaters to close. Harvey occurred on a weekend where a big event was already happening on Saturday and grosses were low, and Matthew only affected Thursday drops and Friday increases/potential for the new openers. Millions will only be able to go to the movies on Friday this weekend, and even more people have until Saturday or Sunday to go out. PLUS, football begins on Sunday, which will make Sunday drops even worse.

Edited by WrathOfHan

This is when various areas of Florida are going to get strong winds:

South Florida: Saturday-Monday

Central and West Florida: Sunday-Monday

Parts of the Panhandle: Monday

The only area that looks remotely safe from strong winds is North/Northeast Florida, and they're still going to have rain and wind close to 20 MPH as the storm moves along.

3 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

GOSH DARN IT! Literally after the cast came to my job and I asked them this question, 

http:// https://www.facebook.com/RendyReviews/videos/1510814419011508/

THAT ARTICLE CAME OUT!

Oh well. If no critics are going to come out with an actual review for the movie just yet, I might as well be the first to break that blasted embargo:

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//it-review

damn, jessica chastain definitely paid that little girl to say she'd like chastain to play her character in the sequel. she's so desperate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

damn, jessica chastain definitely paid that little girl to say she'd like chastain to play her character in the sequel. she's so desperate.

She's in good with the director so I doubt she's desperate. I wouldn't be surprised if she said that because she knows the fans are wanting Chastain or Adams.