Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

This movie employs the LEAST alarming clown I've ever seen, lol.

After the CATASTROPHIC and oh so recent failure of the The Dark Tower, do people really expect something positive to come out of this project here?

PS: Now here's a scary clown:

1291.max.jpg

Except this film is getting the complete opposite treatment of The Dark Tower: Great marketing, strong buzz, early WOM being extremely positive, coming out in a deadzone Box office wise

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

This was kind of fun.  The Losers Club themselves participated in a celebrity version of Collider's Movie Trivia Schmoedown

I would have loved if little Starlord got the How Many Guardians of the Galaxy are there at the end of the first one question. 

• Like 1

Some random site broke the embargo.

http://www.geekfeed.com/review-it-2017/

Where this truncation technique doesn’t work so well is in each member of The Loser’s initial encounters with IT, which can feel slightly rushed in order to get all of the pieces in place. Although this might just be a side-effect of having to follow the indelibly stunning opening sequence. One of IT‘s greatest achievements is in how it makes the drain storm exchange so brutally fresh. Anything that follows what Muschietti does with Georgie and his yellow mac is going to be haunted by the unique and lasting impact of the scene.

Much of this has to do with Skarsgard’s take on Pennywise; employing a guttural drawl, maniacal laugh, and completely owning the shift-in-your-seat moments of silence, he is a sparingly used monstrous creation who brings the best out of the young cast, and whose ever-changing eyes will haunt those moments when you close your own at night.

Ultimately it’s The Losers that you’ll fall in love with. If Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard is the MVP, bringing the house down with almost every profanity littered line, then your heart will break for Jeremy Ray Taylor and his unrequited love for Beverly Marsh, played wonderfully by Sophia Lillis, even if the damsel-in-distress plot mechanics feel a touch out of step with her Tomboy survivor. In fact, all of the child actors are great, imbuing their literary counterparts with so much likability that their plight is genuinely terrifying to watch, even if you know their individual fates from the book.

5/5

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Sounds perfect to me, I can't believe the amount of praise this is getting.

Yeah at this point one thing is for certain - they did not fuck up child actors, which imo is the key to how well this movie will be received, especially for the newer generations who've been exposed to Stranger Things.

Out of the dozens of reviews I've seen on the internet and heard from mutuals who've been to an advanced screening I've yet to hear someone say a single child performance was bad, and the most stand out performance has been a toss between Ben/Bev/Bill/Richie, while the other two Mike/Stan haven't been praised as much, but admittedly they have the least screentime and lack of character development so it's expected. 

I've still seen most RT predictions to be around 70-75% which is pretty low considering the positive reviews from critics we've received thus far.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

Yeah at this point one thing is for certain - they did not fuck up child actors, which imo is the key to how well this movie will be received, especially for the newer generations who've been exposed to Stranger Things.

Out of the dozens of reviews I've seen on the internet and heard from mutuals who've been to an advanced screening I've yet to hear someone say a single child performance was bad, and the most stand out performance has been a toss between Ben/Bev/Bill/Richie, while the other two Mike/Stan haven't been praised as much, but admittedly they have the least screentime and lack of character development so it's expected. 

I've still seen most RT predictions to be around 70-75% which is pretty low considering the positive reviews from critics we've received thus far.

Exactly! I've heard everyone saying that the whole cast (including pennywise) is awesome. I've heard a lot of people give huge praises for the child who plays Bev the most. I think I'm also shocked that I've heard reviews saying that this film is actually gory at times, like shockingly. 

I'm thinking this is going to end up in the high 80's.

Just now, snarkmachine said:

I was talking to someone who went to a screening who said the kid who played Stan was straight-up awful, but he also got the least amount of screentime. 

He wasn't a very interesting member of the Losers Club, so I think this is understandable. Not as interesting as the rest, assuredly.

Just now, Rman823 said:

I've noticed a lot of Facebook friends sharing the local drive-in's post about its double feature of IT and Annabelle:Creation. When it comes to horror WB kills it. 

WB makes more movies I enjoy than probably any other studio.  They cover all genres and do everything very well especially horror. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

Some random site broke the embargo.

http://www.geekfeed.com/review-it-2017/

5/5

Alright this is the point where I start not reading reviews or briefly skim them but the consensus seems to line up with everyone else. 

As long as Hurricane Irma stays off shore for the weekend, don't see anything getting in this things way if reviews remain positive in a few days. I have a feeling they will and this is destined to be big with audiences.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1