baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

M3's gonna win the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those Friday #s tick up for PROMETHEUS -- it's going to be an evening/night movie.

Agreed. It will be a big night movie. But if Mad3 is doing that well already today, then what are we in for tomorrow? And if Mad3 does open to 60, congrats to all of you who had Mad3 over 60 in the summer game.

22M OD would mean something around 70M OW for Mad3, correct?

No idea. It's a sequel so the jump might not be that big tomorrow. For instance, TS3 dropped on its first Saturday:http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=toystory3.htmAnd then again Shrek 4 jumped huge on Saturday, different month, but it did jump, by 38%.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=shrek4.htmSo who knows.

Still think Prometheus is in for a big drop tomorrow from word-of-mouth. No doubt today will be solid though.

Why would the wom be bad? What were audiences expecting? A cheerful, colorful Star Wars universe? I loved the film; I found it thrilling, entertaining, thought-provoking and fun. And the special effects and cinematography were brilliant. What would mainstream audiences complain about?
  • Like 2

Why would the wom be bad? What were audiences expecting? A cheerful, colorful Star Wars universe? I loved the film; I found it thrilling, entertaining, thought-provoking and fun. And the special effects and cinematography were brilliant. What would mainstream audiences complain about?

The WOM is mixed right now. I think that's all he's getting at. There has been a real split from those who have seen it thus far.
  • Like 1

The WOM is mixed right now. I think that's all he's getting at. There has been a real split from those who have seen it thus far.

I see.Do you happen to know what is the main complaint? Did people find it boring, or confusing?