Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I know some people would be shocked if said this...but Disney's The Little Mermaid isn't really the best Disney from the 80's that I have seen. (Yes, Little Mermaid was released in 1989.)

It's pretty good, but I have seen more better Disney films from that decade IMO, like The Great Mouse Detective, The Fox and the Hound & Oliver & Company.

Yeah, surprisingly, I completely agree with you. I have always felt Disney's animal/other-non-humans centered movies were much better than the human centered ones (I am counting Beauty and The Beast in the first category though), except for Aladdin and maybe one or two others . From its Robin Hood to The Great Mouse detective, I love nearly all of its non-human centered films of the 20th Century. Infact, Even today I'd say Wreck it Ralph and Big Hero 6 were much better than both Frozen and Tangled.

Edited by Infernus

To finally get it out - Wreck It Ralph is easily the best Disney (not including Pixar of course) animated film since 2000. Its atleast 10 times better than both Tangled and Frozen (I think both were just good). Infact I dont even think this is really an unpopular opinion outside internet. I haven't met a single person yet who has watched all three or any two of the three (including Ralph) and who doesn't agree with me.

Daredevil which goes on Netflix is overrated, imho. Typical fights, typical slot, and I am saying now as a fan of movies based on comics. The show isn't bad, I even like it, but too many people admire this and I can't understand why. I think there must be a huge contrast between Matt-lawyer by days and Matt-superhero by nights, the changing of atmosphere from trivial to mystic but I didn't feel the big difference actually.

Edited by Rita

To finally get it out - Wreck It Ralph is easily the best Disney (not including Pixar of course) animated film since 2000. Its atleast 10 times better than both Tangled and Frozen (I think both were just good). Infact I dont even think this is really an unpopular opinion outside internet. I haven't met a single person yet who has watched all three or any two of the three (including Ralph) and who doesn't agree with me.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion period. WIR is always considered towards the top of Disney's millennium slate.

Di Caprio is easily the best actor out there now and has been so since probably Titanic. He consistently gives amazing performances. No actor comes even close to his consistency. Yeah his performances may not always be the best of the year and his performances may be surpassed by other actors in certain movies but no other actor's career comes even close to matching his career as a whole.

DiCaprio isn't even good in Titancis so your credibility sank immediately.

Gosling, Fassbender and Phoenix haven't had bad performances in their careers. Can't say the same for DiCaprio.

Gosling, Fassbender and Phoenix haven't had bad performances in their careers. Can't say the same for DiCaprio.

Seriously stop praising gosling, it makes you lose credibility as you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Gosling acts the same in every movie, he just stares and looks handsome, he's not a great actor.

Edited by jessie

Yeah, I meant since after Titanic. And considering he was pretty young and new to the game at that time I think he acted pretty well and suited his character. And anyways if you think Gosling is a better actor than him than there isn't really any point in arguing with you.

The Hobbit Trilogy > Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.

Nothing against the Star Wars Prequels though...i liked that franchise too. But i think The Hobbit trilogy is a more stronger prequel trilogy.

Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo, is far better and more convincing than Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker (Although Hayden is good too). The acting for the cast in this trilogy is better. (Granted, they have some of the original cast, like Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, etc. We could actually feel for the characters, like Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, etc.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Nothing against the Star Wars Prequels though...i liked that franchise too. But i think The Hobbit trilogy is a more stronger prequel trilogy.

Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo, is far better and more convincing than Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. The acting for the cast in this trilogy is better. (Granted, they have some of the original cast, like Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, etc. We could actually feel for the characters, like Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, etc.

That's not really controversial.
  • Like 1

Nothing against the Star Wars Prequels though...i liked that franchise too. But i think The Hobbit trilogy is a more stronger prequel trilogy.

Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo, is far better and more convincing than Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. The acting for the cast in this trilogy is better. (Granted, they have some of the original cast, like Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, etc. We could actually feel for the characters, like Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, etc.

That probably leans into popular opinion territory as opposed to unpopular

Only God Forgives

Haven't seen. But I remember it being quite divisive. Roeper loved Gosling's performance.

Maybe I am prematurely heralding Gosling, but I think his work with Cianfrance (especially Blue Valentine) is better than Leo's work with Scorsese. I also don't think that saying Gosling is one of the best working actors is too controversial.

Nothing against the Star Wars Prequels though...i liked that franchise too. But i think The Hobbit trilogy is a more stronger prequel trilogy.

Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo, is far better and more convincing than Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. The acting for the cast in this trilogy is better. (Granted, they have some of the original cast, like Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, etc. We could actually feel for the characters, like Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, etc.

I would also say that is more popular than unpopular.

The Hobbits were probably received well enough to have them sit there as the more childish and less-epic little brothers of LotR.

Personally I started out really rooting for TH... but with BotFA which simply wasn't a finished movie when it hit theatres I really couldn't hold back my disappointment with the trilogy, especially the poor they handled the time they were given to tell the story. I hope the EE of BotFA will improve the at löeast as much as DoS was improved by the extended scenes... that way one could actually watch a pretty great version of TH, at least if one is fastforarding some of the really bad stuff.

But compared to SW, they are so much better... the production design and acting alone elevate them to a whole different level.

Is there any chance I'll love it? I've been the contrarian before and some of the reviews I read made it sound pretty damn interesting.

No idea. It's definitely a love or hate film, with the vast majority of reactions being hate.

I would also say that is more popular than unpopular.

The Hobbits were probably received well enough to have them sit there as the more childish and less-epic little brothers of LotR.

Personally I started out really rooting for TH... but with BotFA which simply wasn't a finished movie when it hit theatres I really couldn't hold back my disappointment with the trilogy, especially the poor they handled the time they were given to tell the story. I hope the EE of BotFA will improve the at löeast as much as DoS was improved by the extended scenes... that way one could actually watch a pretty great version of TH, at least if one is fastforarding some of the really bad stuff.

But compared to SW, they are so much better... the production design and acting alone elevate them to a whole different level.

People prefer the star wars prequels to the hobbit prequels hence no_one gave a shit about the final installment and every installment suffered admission drops. So his comment is unpopular.

• Like 3