Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

The Hobbit Trilogy > Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.

Nothing against the Star Wars Prequels though...i liked that franchise too. But i think The Hobbit trilogy is a more stronger prequel trilogy.

Martin Freeman's acting as Bilbo, is far better and more convincing than Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. The acting for the cast in this trilogy is better. (Granted, they have some of the original cast, like Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, etc. We could actually feel for the characters, like Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, etc.

Agree

• Like 1

I would also say that is more popular than unpopular.

The Hobbits were probably received well enough to have them sit there as the more childish and less-epic little brothers of LotR.

Personally I started out really rooting for TH... but with BotFA which simply wasn't a finished movie when it hit theatres I really couldn't hold back my disappointment with the trilogy, especially the poor they handled the time they were given to tell the story. I hope the EE of BotFA will improve the at löeast as much as DoS was improved by the extended scenes... that way one could actually watch a pretty great version of TH, at least if one is fastforarding some of the really bad stuff.

But compared to SW, they are so much better... the production design and acting alone elevate them to a whole different level.

I disagree. The Hobbit trilogy will be treated like the SW prequels in 10 years by the public IMO. Critically (RT) they are already equal.

I disagree. The Hobbit trilogy will be treated like the SW prequels in 10 years by the public IMO. Critically (RT) they are already equal.

There is no Hayden Christensen or lines about sand so it Better not be lol

Not to mention it at least looks like it takes place in the same world as the originals

I don't think there will be extreme opinions either way

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that I have brought this one up at some other point in this thread (chalk it up to irregular posting and general laziness to check on such matters), but I still think that Love and Other Drugs is one of the most underrated movies of the 2010s to date. It's not Best Picture material, mind you, but it's one of this decade's smartest, sexiest (OHDEARGOD is it ever), and best-acted romantic comedies.

• Like 1

ROTS > OT

And while I'm at it, Nostalgia Critics said it perfectly: when he's not delivering any of Lucas' godawful dialogue, Hayden C gives a pretty good performance. When he acts with his facial expressions, the guy is intimidating and demands a screen presence.

• Like 1

ROTS > OT

And while I'm at it, Nostalgia Critics said it perfectly: when he's not delivering any of Lucas' godawful dialogue, Hayden C gives a pretty good performance. When he acts with his facial expressions, the guy is intimidating and demands a screen presence.

Get the fuck outta here