Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

The 1998 Godzilla and 2001 Planet Of The Apes are both good films.

The only real problem I have with the 1998 Godzilla is that it's called Godzilla. I can guarantee that if it was called something else, it wouldn't get anywhere near the hate it does. It's not that bad a film.

The only real problem I have with the 1998 Godzilla is that it's called Godzilla. I can guarantee that if it was called something else, it wouldn't get anywhere near the hate it does. It's not that bad a film.

That is the only Godzilla film I have seen so I judge it by itself. Edited by Tower

Godzilla would still be trashed if the monster wasn't called Godzilla. It's way too long, the human protagonist is so bland that he all but blends into the scenery, several of the other human characters are grating, and the twist about the monster's motivations is remarkably dumb (even by blockbuster standards). Sure, the Godzilla fanboys who hated it did so because it wasn't the Godzilla film they hoped for, but the more casual viewers who hated it did so because they just thought it was a lame movie.I like The Phantom Menace (for nostalgia, if nothing else), but I'd be perfectly content with some sort of director's cut that completely omits Jar Jar.

I like The Phantom Menace (for nostalgia, if nothing else), but I'd be perfectly content with some sort of director's cut that completely omits Jar Jar.

Lucas will never make a director's cut that omits Jar Jar. He only changes his movies for the worse. Edited by yads
  • Like 1

As with most people, I view Ledger's Joker in TDK as an incredible, amazing performance. After watching TDK dozens of times though, I have come to the realization that I personally would have liked to see a bit more psychotic laughter from Ledger's Joker. I'm not talking about a Nicholson-type portrayal at all with goofy laughter. Ledger did have a bit of psychotic laughter in TDK, but after watching the film countless times, I feel there are a few scenes where the Joker *would have* been laughing psychotically, but Ledger in those scenes did not.Or, I might be overanalyzing this too much :P

Edited by ACCA

David Finchers recent films are very even and boring...

I just saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the first time about a month ago and I really liked it(I'm suprised some of the scenes in this movie got by with an R rating though). I have a question though to anyone who has seen both this and the 2009 version with Noomi Rapace, which one was better? I'm thinking about watching that one.