14 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Limitless

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Caught this last night and really enjoyed it.It was like a sci-fi drug addiction flick; a futuristic-action-thriller take on movies like "Requiem" or "Trainspotting". Instead of Heroin the drug of choice here is NZT which greatly enhances your brain function. It seems safe at first and it takes the character a while to realize he's not "enhanced", he's just high, and the comedown/withdrawals are just as dangerous as any drug.I found it really surprising that the ending was totally inconsequential. No preachy, "try drugs and you die" message here... instead Bradley Cooper's character is an anti-hero- he's a murder, a drug addict, but he's functioning and most importantly he's successful. It says it doesn't matter if you use drugs, as long as you can get away with it. It's completely cynical which is kind of endearing to me.B/B+

This is one of the rare movies I saw last year (I only watch movies I think I'll somewhat like) that I hated. For all of the overwrought, extremely realistic consequences of Cooper's addiction to the drug, the ending is a giant middle finger to both itself and the audience.

• Like 1

i didn't like the short one-liner of the ending for script reasons, but the cynicism it portrayed was spot on. could of been more ambitious with themes of ambition (lol) and power, felt a bit sloppy too, but it was kinda fascinating anyway.

6/10

A better script could've worked well for this movie. It had a very interesting idea nonetheless, and even though it has its dull moments, it can be very entertaining sometimes.

B-

P.S The soundtrack for this is pretty great honestly. Reminds me a lot of The Social Network.

Edited by ChD

i didn't like the short one-liner of the ending for script reasons, but the cynicism it portrayed was spot on. could of been more ambitious with themes of ambition (lol) and power, felt a bit sloppy too, but it was kinda fascinating anyway.

6/10

wtf was i talking about? the ending was the best part of the movie and completely overturned audience expectations.