TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

That kind of drop isn't just from what audiences are hearing, its also from the drop-off of fans who didn't care for the movie last week.Anyone still believing in $150 million now? :lol:

No :rotfl:

When Madagascar is the only movie making over 20m you know you have a terrible weekend in your hands. It's not the holdovers as much as the openers. When was the last time two high-profile releases bombed in one weekend?

Luckily for one movie Madagascar continues to mirror Kung Fu Panda's holds. Should get hit a lot more next weekend comparatively, but 200m is on the table. Seems to be the only real hit of the month.

I just watched the trailer for this and it looked awesome!Only thing putting me off slightly is the less than stellar reviews:http://www.rottentom...k_of_ages_2012/

I now, for the first time in my 40 years of living, understand musicals. When I was younger, I didn't understand how people could like watching gangs line up to kill each other and then break out in song, or how people could dance on the walls in films and sing in the rain, it just made no sense to me. But RoA makes sense to me because I LOVE THE MUSIC AND THE ACTORS IN IT. I can't begin to describe the euphoric feeling I had watching this and it's because i grew up with these songs and my GOD Cruise was just fucking perfect as Jaxx. I just adore this film and I can't wait to see it again.

Considering that good comedy scripts are few and far between, no wonder they don`t bother. Seriously, when you think of it, biggest crap is constantly coming from comedy (any type - romcom, slapstic).

I wonder if that's true or if we only notice the bad comedies more. Weren't there almost 600 movies in wide release last year? Isn't it safe to say a large majority were dramas....and that more than a few were terrible movies?

As someone mentioned, it's harder to do comedy well. Any comic actor can step into a dramatic role and nail it...but only a few dramatic actors can hit it out of the park in a comedy. That's probably another reason why there are fewer great comedies every year as well....it's tough to do. Drama is the safer way to go.

For my money the "worst genre" is horror. Those things are churned out without much thought it seems. One of the reasons why I loved Cabin in the Woods and Let Me In so much.

Prometheus is having one of the worst runs in years. What an absolutely massive disappointment.

Uh, what? This weekend's drop is terrible, yes, but the movie's going to be profitable. Something it seems a third of all other movies this year can't say.