A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

What helps Beetlejuice is that this looks like Wednesday the movie, with one of the leads Jenna Ortega totally not dressed up as Wednesday.

Kind of like how the IT movie looked like Stranger Things the movie. Yeah, I know IT came first.

Clear crossover audiences between IPs.

Get that young audience out on force on Tiktok and social media and you could have the next Gentleminions.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

I haven’t read these, but this needs to have the nostalgia, and appeal to the Wednesday crowd.  It needs to be a functioning machine of scratching the itch of what a contrived sequel might be, and serve as a Burton showcase to a new generation. 

I’m really hyped to see this.  I just want some wild Burton production design and kookiness, and a fun time at the movies. Been a while since I’ve really enjoyed one of his films, and I count myself as a big fan too.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

What are people’s box office predictions? The domestic box office should be 300m+ but OS is a mystery. It screams Twisters 2.0 to me OS. Maybe 150m? 550m WW?

Tim Burton is a bigger draw overseas

I do think DOM will be bigger (something like 125M OW / 325M total), but OS should be 250M-ish

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

A nostalgia bait Beetlejuice movie doing great in 2024 sounds a little disheartening to me, especially after Deadpool, and to a lesser extent, the new Alien, did as well as they did. I guess nostalgia is here to stay. 

Nostalgia has always been with us. I don't get why you are upset by that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

What are people’s box office predictions? The domestic box office should be 300m+ but OS is a mystery. It screams Twisters 2.0 to me OS. Maybe 150m? 550m WW?

Here in France it was obvious twitster would be a flop. But Beetlejuice will be big, very big.

250-300m DOMESTIC, and 350-400m OS.

Edited by elinio