filmscholar

Will there ever be a BILLION DOLLAR R-rated Film??? - JOKER DOES IT!!!!

That reminds me, what about Battle Angel?

I don`t know. Those who read the comic book swear by it but I don`t know. OTOH, historicla epics do gangbusters OS, naked Jolie, Cameron`s unmatched flare for effortless epicness, state of the art technology (3D, 4D, hologram,whatever).

I don`t know. Those who read the comic book swear by it but I don`t know. OTOH, historicla epics do gangbusters OS, naked Jolie, Cameron`s unmatched flare for effortless epicness, state of the art technology (3D, 4D, hologram,whatever).

Who wants to see Angelina Jolie's Auschwitz body naked anymore? She looks frightening these days

• Like 3

That reminds me, what about Battle Angel?

The odds of that film even happening is decreasing by each passing day, meaning it's gone from a 10% chance to somewhere in the negative regions.

Edited by C00k13

Inflation, 3D, Social Networking Hype, China and Overseas markets expanding.  "Matix 4 in 3D" could be massive worldwide alone

The Hobbit had all of these and still dropped, it's not that simple. The Matrix franchise just isn't a big thing anymore, Revolutions already dropped big because people didn't want more of it. The first film finished with an ending that didn't lend itself to a sequel, and it showed i the sequels, another one would just be worse.

The Hobbit had all of these and still dropped, it's not that simple. The Matrix franchise just isn't a big thing anymore, Revolutions already dropped big because people didn't want more of it. The first film finished with an ending that didn't lend itself to a sequel, and it showed i the sequels, another one would just be worse.

Look at AWE dropping from DMC and picked up WW with OST.

The odds of that film even happening is decreasing by each passing day, meaning it's gone from a 10% chance to somewhere in the negative regions.

It would be PG-13 anyway.

I think this thread's title will happen eventually just because of inflation. But it won't be Matrix 4.

I really gets my blood boiling when people say X film/genre of film/rated film will NEVER ever forever never for all time ever make X amount of money. Inflation alone guarantees it WILL happen. It WILL happen, just like how eventually a movie will make 4 billion WW, or 1 billion DOM or whatever. It WILL happen. It'll just take an appealing movie with strong marketing. Or yaknow... A few decades of inflation.

Who wants to see Angelina Jolie's Auschwitz body naked anymore? She looks frightening these days

I'd still look.

Of course, I consider naked female bodies like cars...if they're amazing looking...I want to see...if it's a damn car wreck...I still want to see...

So yeah, I want to see.

I really gets my blood boiling when people say X film/genre of film/rated film will NEVER ever forever never for all time ever make X amount of money. Inflation alone guarantees it WILL happen. It WILL happen, just like how eventually a movie will make 4 billion WW, or 1 billion DOM or whatever. It WILL happen. It'll just take an appealing movie with strong marketing. Or yaknow... A few decades of inflation.

Yeah, it'll happen.  Something will make it happen...best bet is, though, none of us are going to predict it right now.

But I'll give a try...Booty Call 2...1 billion at the box office.  Coming soon..Jamie Foxx's biggest hit ever.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, DeeCee said:

Bump

Not Yet. 

The big question. Will China ever allow actual R rated releases?

Right now is the best chance a R-rated movie has had in forever. Joker should be at 910-920M by next Sunday. That last remaining bit will be crucial.

• Like 1