Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

Just now, Bruce said:

Except for a few countries (China, South Korea), most countries do not collect the pre-sale data of the whole country, and we usually see the pre-sale of only a few theaters

Here since Distributor is reporting data, that's of whole market.

What I am trying to say is that 115k is low number for sales in 1 week relative to how presales in other country, not this film but generally.

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What I am trying to say is that 115k is low number for sales in 1 week relative to how presales in other country, not this film but generally.

I don't think so,even the distributor report,most of country have no data of whole market pre-sale,especially many little market

for example,Finland, I once read the news that Star Wars 7 was the best presale, but then I read the news that Star Wars 8 pass 'Spectre' to become the best pre-sale, which is very contradictory.

Later I learned that it only counted the data of different theaters

Edited by Bruce

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

In my opinion, the data of many markets are very confused and complicated. In terms of box office statistics collection, East Asian countries do a very good job.We can clearly track the latest box office data every single seconds, the proportion of films in cinemas, etc. I hope that one day these technologies can be popularized to the rest of the world

57 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Except for a few countries (China, South Korea), most countries do not collect the pre-sale data of the whole country, and we usually see the pre-sale of only a few theaters

In box office statistics collection, East Asian countries are far ahead of the rest of the world, a lot of data can be clearly known,but the vast majority of the other countries can not do that

No @charlie Jatinder is telling the truth, these pre-sales are for the whole of France, it is Sony France who announced this figure. It is true that this number can be considered as "low" but it is pretty good. It is just that here and in some other European countries people do not usually buy their tickets before going to the cinema, they are much more used to going to the movies without planning before.

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

No @charlie Jatinder is telling the truth, these pre-sales are for the whole of France, it is Sony France who announced this figure. It is true that this number can be considered as "low" but it is pretty good. It is just that here and in some other European countries people do not usually buy their tickets before going to the cinema, they are much more used to going to the movies without planning before.

while this is generally true for most movies and especially family releases, it's a bit different with blockbusters - those tend to generate a lot of presales at least for OD or OW because otherwise you might find yourself in the neckbreaking front row ghetto.

35 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

while this is generally true for most movies and especially family releases, it's a bit different with blockbusters - those tend to generate a lot of presales at least for OD or OW because otherwise you might find yourself in the neckbreaking front row ghetto.

Yes it's true look it's a record for Sony in France, but it remains low when we know that 115k admissions probably represents 1/40 of the total admissions that NWH will achieve in France.

2 hours ago, LPLC said:

ok,I really hope one day Europe and America will have the app like Maoyan in China can track movie latest box office every single seconds,that's will be more convenient and the data will be more clearly

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

BOX-OFFICE prévisionnel (du 8 au 14 décembre 2021) 

Rang

Titre

Entrées
Variation hebdo
Cumul (Millions)
Budget
Nbre de salles
Les Tuche 4

850 000

New

17 M€

Encanto

330 000

- 20 %

- M$

S.O.S. Fantômes : L'héritage

195 000

- 30 %

75 M$

Les Bodin's en Thaïlande

190 000

- 25 %

7,3 M€

West side story

160 000

New

- M$

Madres paralelas

145 000

- 35 %

- M€

Clifford

120 000

- 25 %

- M$

House of Gucci

110 000

- 40 %

- M$

Les Elfkins : Opération patisserie

95 000

New

- M$

La méthode Williams

60 000

- 35 %

- M$

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Any comparison with other superhero movies ? like infinity war ?

No idea sorry, I don't believe IW and EG's pre-sale figures were being released at the time, but 250k looks really good, I would expect at least 1.5M admissions in the first week for NWH.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1

Allociné expect 500k admissions OD for NWH (better than SW9 = 392k 2 years ago) but less than AEG = 692k :

"This score, stopped at 1 p.m., is almost at the height of Star Wars 9, which started at 392,483 spectators on the day of its release in December 2019. The new installment of the adventures of Spidey should easily surpass this figure during the day. We would be heading towards a first day with nearly 500,000 entries." 

"No Way Home would then be placed in front of Fast and Furious 9 (468,862), becoming the biggest success in theaters since the start of the health crisis. By comparison, Far From Home had a first day at 453,503 admissions. As for the first installment of Spider-Man, it had attracted 233,579 fans of the Weaver when it was released in 2017."

https://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18705211.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Allociné expect 500k admissions OD for NWH (better than SW9 = 392k 2 years ago) but less than AEG = 692k :

"This score, stopped at 1 p.m., is almost at the height of Star Wars 9, which started at 392,483 spectators on the day of its release in December 2019. The new installment of the adventures of Spidey should easily surpass this figure during the day. We would be heading towards a first day with nearly 500,000 entries." 

"No Way Home would then be placed in front of Fast and Furious 9 (468,862), becoming the biggest success in theaters since the start of the health crisis. By comparison, Far From Home had a first day at 453,503 admissions. As for the first installment of Spider-Man, it had attracted 233,579 fans of the Weaver when it was released in 2017."

https://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18705211.html

If ~500k OD, then OW will be? 2.8M?