Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

25 minutes ago, LPLC said:

No you didn't understand. 2,8M is for 7 days, the full week until next Tuesday.

ok I got your idea.

but I think it may have a chance at 3x legs considering it has great audience respone, balance with TROS which has 3.1x legs but terrible audience respone. 

1 hour ago, Danhjpn said:

ok I got your idea.

but I think it may have a chance at 3x legs considering it has great audience respone, balance with TROS which has 3.1x legs but terrible audience respone. 

Yes 6 millions admits is around 3x legs

According to the Paris figures from JP's box office, I estimate that NWH made around 250k-300K admissions on Thursday and 350k-400k admissions on Friday for a total of around 1.1M-1.15M admissions in 3 days, indeed. by the end of the weekend, NWH will be very close to 2 million admits maybe even 2,1M admits.

• Like 2

HUGE Saturday for NWH in France

138,516 admissions yesterday in Paris

14th best day ever there.

NWH surpassed the first Saturday of EG (136,294) and the first Sunday of EG (137,209) in Paris.

tbh, I knew NWH Saturday was going to be big but I didn't expect so much

In France I estimate that NWH is around 1.6M admissions by Saturday, It can aim for 2 million admits for this weekend or even 2.1 million if Sunday is still very good (it is raining in France today so it's very good for NWH).

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

2.2m 5-day should result in to 6.5m + total admission. Probably going over EG unless COVID ofc...

I think at this point other than terrible news 5M admits are very likely, if I had to give a range I would say 5.5M-6.5M admissions

$45M-$55M

Just now, LPLC said:

I think at this point other than terrible news 5M admits are very likely, if I had to give a range I would say 5.5M-6.5M admissions

$45M-$55M

Didn't we agree yesterday that a 3x multi from it's 5-day opening weekend seems very reasonable as in 3x is a very bad multi to get over xmas from the 5-day compared to other one. I do agree with ur range if that factors in hasher restrictions other wise we are looking a destriouslybad multi for xmas at 5.5m.

Just now, pepsa said:

Didn't we agree yesterday that a 3x multi from it's 5-day opening weekend seems very reasonable as in 3x is a very bad multi to get over xmas from the 5-day compared to other one. I do agree with ur range if that factors in hasher restrictions other wise we are looking a destriouslybad multi for xmas at 5.5m.

Yes 3x legs means 6,6, I said 6,5 not a huge diff but I think despite Christmas this will be a very frontloaded movie, so I won't be shocked if the legs will be below 3. But if you want, the MAXIMUM would be 3.5x legs = 7.7M admits, however it is very unlikely according to me.

26 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Yes 3x legs means 6,6, I said 6,5 not a huge diff but I think despite Christmas this will be a very frontloaded movie, so I won't be shocked if the legs will be below 3. But if you want, the MAXIMUM would be 3.5x legs = 7.7M admits, however it is very unlikely according to me.

I do agree it should be more frontloaded, but WoM is much better than the last SW movie that did 3.3 so that should make 3x almost a lock. Seeing as a movie as hyped as EG (even more than spider) managed to get 2.5x opening weekend without any holiday help should mean this one atleast does 2.8x and mostelikely (no covid restrictions) 3x+

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

I do agree it should be more frontloaded, but WoM is much better than the last SW movie that did 3.3 so that should make 3x almost a lock. Seeing as a movie as hyped as EG (even more than spider) managed to get 2.5x opening weekend without any holiday help should mean this one atleast does 2.8x and mostelikely (no covid restrictions) 3x+

This is true but for example FFH had weaker legs than EG (2.3x legs) so that's why I remain cautious and I stay on something between 2.5x legs and 3x legs. In any case if it goes above 3 I will be very happy and I only hope that for French cinemas.

After a HUGE Saturday, NWH is HUGE too on Sunday with 137,595 admits in Paris, only -0,66% drop from Saturday.

NWH first Sunday is also bigger than AEG first Saturday (136,294) and first Sunday (137,209)

Now, NWH got the 14th and the 15th best day ever in Paris with respectively Saturday and Sunday

I am confident to say that the NWH weekend exceeded my expectations and is close to 2,2 million admissions.

With holidays, let's try 3M admissions for the first week.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 4

I slightly overestimated NWH in my previous expectations. Nothing serious 2.1M admits is really huge.

#26 best OW all time in terms of admissions just in front of HP1

AIW was 1,841,295 admissions and AEG was 2,844,886 admissions for their first OW.

At this point, 5M admits are lock and 7M admissions are unlikely,  let's try 6M admits in the end.

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

I slightly overestimated NWH in my previous expectations. Nothing serious 2.1M admits is really huge.

#26 best OW all time in terms of admissions just in front of HP1

AIW was 1,841,295 admissions and AEG was 2,844,886 admissions for their first OW.

At this point, 5M admits are lock and 7M admissions are unlikely,  let's try 6M admits in the end.

so a final total of around 55-60 usd likely ?