42 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ted

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Loved it! Really funny film with a surpisingly sentimental touch. I haven't been a fan of Family Guy for ages (just kinda lost its thunder after a good start), and while this film is very stylistically similar, it comes off as very fresh and way funnier than anything McFarlane has done in years. Rauncy jokes are in abundance, but there's a ton of clever pop culture references. Wahlberg and Kunis are fantastic in this, and McHale gave an awesome supporting turn.

• Like 1

This just barely worked for me.

It's funny in parts, but it's largely too uneven in the laughs department. I also thought the story actually played it a little too safe, and would have preferred a more uncoventional story with more randomness thrown in. Still, it works (just barely) as a result of being just funny enough and having just enough emotional attachment to get by.

B-

Edited by mattmav45
  • Like 1

This just barely worked for me.

It's funny in parts, but it's largely too uneven in the laughs department. I also thought the story actually played it a little too safe, and would have preferred a more uncoventional story with more randomness thrown in. Still, it works (just barely) as a result of being just funny enough and having just enough emotional attachment to get by.

B-

I pretty much agree with this. Then again, I was never a big fan of Seth McFarlane's comedic style.

Funny as hell, but I despised how the character decided to become "responsible" instead of just having lots fun, like life should be

B

Hey, that's the real world for you. If you want to maintain healthy relationships and succeed in life you have to work at it. I'd probably really hate the movie if tried to claim anything different.

Anyway, Ted is very funny in spurts but overall rather scattershot in the humor department and the ending is somewhat abrupt and not completely convincing. However there's also some real heartfelt moments and Wahlberg and Kunis have terrific on-screen chemistry.

B

Edited by tribefan695

Just saw it...Reminded me of a very long Family Guy episode. More hits than misses. Unfortunately some parts of the movie did drag. Laughed a lot during the scenes from 80's movies. Airplane! disco scene is a classic. And yes, I am a big Flash Gordon fan...so good it's bad :) and just ate up those scenes.

• Like 1

"I fucked her with a piece of (forget the vegetable he says) and then sold it to a family of four""That took guts, you're promoted""FUCK!"That part had me rotflmfao....seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Hysterical. I'm trying to think of something that didn't work in it, and I'm coming up short. It could be my favorite comedy of the year.

Totally agree! I loved this movie, everything about it, I have watched it twice and it just kills me.9/10

Verrry funny comedy with a lot of heart too, everyone was just so adorable :wub: - of course the swearing-(insert impropable protagonist) subgenre gets a little old but Ted had fine characters too; in fact I could have done without some of the foul-mouthed-for-foulmouthed's-sake jokes and swapped them for more of the relaxed or playful scenes.