Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I think we know how this is going to play out. TASM is a boring movie in every way. It has no buzz and there is no excitement about it. The reviews are lukewarm (the positive aren't really positive and the negative aren't really negative). Therefore, this movie will take the most boring route possible. It will not fail spectacularly and it will not break out.This movie will probably end up coming in under my $300M prediction and make $250M. Why $250M? Because that would be the most boring number because then neither side can claim victory. There will be no epic meltdowns. Both sides will end up claiming victory anyway. It'll just be boring.

250-275m isn't a disaster, but when you factor in 3d, IMAX, inflation, and the recently reported 200m+ budget, well....

• Founder / Operator

That's more probable than TASM grossing less than Prometheus WW. ;)Sorry but I couldn't resist. :P

Uh huh. Well, if Prometheus hadn't been such an awful film... :P

As someone in the MM over TASM OD club, I was predicting midnights of up to 5m for TASM. So it did better than I thought but not by a ton, making it a "meh" number. 10m+ would have been far more impressive.

For such a well known franchinse with (obvioulsy) a lot of fanboys, a number like 7.5m can't be spun any other way. The fans turned out, great. I think calls for a 35m+ OD are misguided though. It will definitely do more than MM's 20m. We'll see what the actual number turns out to be.

Avengers series has a lot of fanboys too and it made 18.7M Far from one of the highest grossing midnights

He is serving crow to everyone except those that predicted $15-20m midnights. Which is silly since they are, in fact, off by a lot more.

I posted a picture of a crow. TO NO ONE. Look who reacted? Who is silly then? These "learned" people are hilarious. Edited by kayumanggi