Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

So can it hit 100M before its first Friday? Only the TF films have came close to that. Doubtful it will-but it should have a nice run. (Most people I've talked to thought it opened on Friday as I heard stuff like "Tuesday? Thats a funny day to open a film!")Seeing it in a few!

This thread...... *facepalm*It's a solid number, a little higher than I thought it would get. But then again, we know Spidey has a decent fan base. So, how does it play today? Updates will be..... interesting.(from 10 pages or so ago) That ScarJo popcorn gif is from GHOST WORLD, btw.

• Like 1

I'm just saying it didn't have a Pirates 1 type of run. TF1 opened huge and had decent legs. It obviously had great WOM with huge home video sales. But at the box office it performed more like a well-received sequel than a franchise starter.

I'm pretty sure a lot of that has to do with it getting the holiday boost right from the get go, as opposed to other films where July 4 falls 5, even 6 days into their run. Not to mention the competition in July/August 2007 was well beyond virtually any other year (for as big as TDKR is going to be, the rest of the summers openers won't be huge as 2007).Spider-Man will probably get the a very similar 6-day multiplier, but I don't think it'll be able to build up to the same total as TF, just based on what the film is like.Could always be wrong, of course. :P Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

Presales were weak, there was not an over abundance of enthusiasm surrounding this film even being made.Given word of mouth and upcoming schedule, 7.5m at midnight, to me, signals about 35m opening day, 165 for 6 day, and about 330-340 total.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

BOLD LETTERS!

MELTDOWN!

I know that you're enjoying yourself and you're ENTITLED to, you were right about the midnight numbers after all - in fact, you've even underplayed the midnight number for 0.5 - but calm down, mate. Don't want to see you get your account suspended and I see that we are about to serve A HELL LOT of crows in the upcomind days. ;)