Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

He had a mini-meltdown earlier this morning in this thread. Compared those of us wanting to see a movie fail to 9/11. No joke.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Except Nolan had already made an amazing movie in Memento, which was a psychological thriller. Which actually makes him a good choice to direct BB and TDK, with 2 villains who use mind games (Raz and Joker) and a superhero that does the same (Batman).Webb made a rom com.

He also directed the film version of INSOMNIA, which I thought was pretty darn good!
  • Like 1

Very few filmmakers can truly do whatever they so please and the studios just write blank checks for em. Nolan is at that point now.

I think that Joss Whedon is likely in that category, too. I would love to see another FIREFLY movie!!!!

First of all, Rth's original estimate last night was 15.8-16.8 -- so once again, he basically nailed it.

Secondly, the number is not great for Spidey, but it's completely expected. It's very similar to the TRANSFORMERS post-Fourth drop.

Thirdly, don't expect a big Friday bump at all. TRANSFORMERS jumped 18%. I'd be surprised if TASM goes above 21% -- I think the range is +16-21% today.

Please Telemachos. This is no time for logic.

• Like 1

A lot of users want to see this movie fail badly. Guess that has to do with how some of the supporters were acting before it came out.

who besides iJackSparrow was acting totally crazy over this movie? Besides I can name at least two people on the opposite side of the spectrum