Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

If it's anything like this one was. Really, their best shot is to have a coherent script before they film it and not hack it to bits in the editing room. And given how relatively close May 2014 is, they better have a decent plan.

It's Kurtzman and Orci so really we have a pretty good idea of how coherent the script will beThat is to say, sort of coherent

You know what is funny ? Now since TASM doesnt fail, haters have nothing to spin off but come up with a decrease of the seqeul ...

I predicted 220m and went into the theatre with no expectations. There was no vendetta here.

I think the sequel is going to drop, to be honest.

No way, impossible.No reboot problem, no competition in May 2014; and NO BATMAN.It will increase, and you know it.By the way the good WOM of TASM will help the sequel :) As the good WOM of Batman Begins helped TDK.So obvious.

I wouldn't say its gotten a negative reception. If all Sony aspired to do was to top SM3, I guess they succeeded.If they wanted a strong foundation to build a new franchise off of, I'd argue they missed the mark.

How do they not have a good foundation? Most people agreed that Garfield is great as Spider man and are probably looking forward to seeing him tackle some new villains

How do they not have a good foundation? Most people agreed that Garfield is great as Spider man and are probably looking forward to seeing him tackle some new villains

I just don't think the story of TASM is one that's going to resonate with people. I'm sorry if that comes off as trolling, but that's what I think.I'd like to see the sequel be successful. Spider-Man comics are the ones I've read the most and I know there are plenty of great stories to be found in them. This film just didn't do it for me, and I can't be the only one who thinks that.
  • Like 2

I just don't think the story of TASM is one that's going to resonate with people. I'm sorry if that comes off as trolling, but that's what I think.I'd like to see the sequel be successful. Spider-Man comics are the ones I've read the most and I know there are plenty of great stories to be found in them. This film just didn't do it for me, and I can't be the only one who thinks that.

Hey, nobody likes every film, but that doesn't mean you speak for most
  • Like 1

Just so i'm clear, a Music Video director who's only feature was a drama "500 Days of Summer" and 2 leads who are rising stars reboot a success franchise 5 years after the last one broke records. None of them are as famous as the previous cast and director and we are looking at 135-140 6 Day and it already broke 1 record? Say what you will but this is already a success. With all the hate it got before it's release I think these numbers justify going in a new direction. Had Sam and Tobey stayed on I'm sure it would of dropped domestically like Pirates 4 did.

• Like 1

Well all I can say about the Friday number is good for TASM. It increased far more than I was expecting. So Tuesday and Friday belongs to the Loonies and Wednesday and Thursday belongs to the haters. Let' see what happens Saturday. :DNow Viva la second weekend collapse!!! ;):P

• Like 2

Haters need to realize if Sony had continued with SM4 and SM5 the domestic decline would have likely continued.But ASM2 should reverse the domestic decline.The reboot was a smart move by Sony.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Some of y'all just don't get the concept of a little movie called TDKR do you? For the five zillionth time TASM will not have a 2x 6 day multi. ;)

Sounds like a new bet is comming up :OMG:

Some of y'all just don't get the concept of a little movie called TDKR do you? For the five zillionth time TASM will not have a 2x 6 day multi. ;)

Acting smug again, I see. You were wrong with Friday increase so what makes 100% sure it can't hit 2 multiplier. Even if it's at 1.9 that would put it near 270M, I would consider that a success for Sony.
  • Like 2