Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Because that hurt TF2 at the box office???

TF2 was the sequel to a movie with terrific WOM and had great trailers and is part of a franchise that has been proven to be somewhat critic proof. Apples and oranges.

But TF1 didn't have 2 days of those types of drops. I couldn't say if one is holding better than the other just yet.

Why would people exclude the 8 million TF made on Monday with the rest of the OD?Because it happened 4 hours before midnight? lol.

Similar themes?
I seriously have to spell this out?Carnage is just Venom all over again, slight variation at best. Both are symbiotes with a host that has a mad on for Spidey.Hobgoblin is another GOBLIN on a personal flying glider.Ergo, if we repeat themes we should have Hobby well before Carnage--as far as interesting characters go.

Why would people exclude the 8 million TF made on Monday with the rest of the OD?Because it happened 4 hours before midnight? lol.

Yes. Matinees are fine and dandy, but night business is where the real business is at when it comes to movie theaters.

TASM 2 will probably increase IF it's good, and with Orci and Kurtzman writing......well that's not a good start.

It greatly depends on which Orci/Kurtzman shows up...ST09/TF1/The Island/MI3 Orci/Kurtzman or TF2/Zorro2/C&A Orci/Kurtzman.
  • Like 2

It greatly depends on which Orci/Kurtzman shows up...ST09/TF1/The Island/MI3 Orci/Kurtzman or TF2/Zorro2/C&A Orci/Kurtzman.

Even the good movies they wrote didn't have great scripts, they just had directors who could overcompensate.
  • Like 1

Yes. Matinees are fine and dandy, but night business is where the real business is at when it comes to movie theaters.

People are usually out of work/school by 8pm but most people would avoid a midnight show if they could. Especially if they have to work the next day.

The TF1 situation wasn't the 1st, actually I would credit "The Matrix Reloaded" which had 8pm Wednesday Previews. It's opening day was originally reported as over 42 Million but revised by Brandon at BOM to 37 Million Thursday with 5 Million Previews Wed. So the whole Preview thing is not new at all. This is the 1st time I heard only canada was used though.

Also for everyone proclaiming TASM downfall from TDKR, I would again argue there is a chance it gets some sellout carry over and even gets some kids who parents won't want them to see a film or comic book hero as dark as Batman.