Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Whenever a thread goes crazy like this has, I like to imagine random images of madness and anarchy, bears riding unicycles and people stoning each other to death with hunks of shit while Flagpolle Sitta's chorus plays in the background. Yeah.

• Like 2

Why is it that the 'haters' always try to use the 3D bump to belittle a film's opening, but when their own films open big, they try to downplay the part that 3D had in those openings??MOVIE I HATE: "Bah! The number isn't that impressive! 3D bumped it up!"MOVIE I LOVE: "Great number! And the 3D breakdown was minimal!"Ugh.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Everyone is going to find their own trajectory that supports the number they're hoping for. Its the nature of the box office game. Always has been, always will be.But at the very least, numbers should be kept in perspective. Perhaps above all SM3's (which was really $10m estimated midnight) and TF3 (which made $5.5m during 3D-only sneaks in 400 fewer theaters, with an additional $8m at midnight).So if anyone wants to really compare TASM to TF3 (which is probably more relevant than TF1 given the latter's nature as a non-sequel), then you're basically compared $7.5m midnights to $13.5m sneaks + midnights -- that doesn't point to a $300m gross for TASM in any way, shape, or form.The best advice here is that midnights don't tell the whole story. When TF3's numbers came out last year, they were considered disappointing by a lot of people.

• Like 2

Whenever a thread goes crazy like this has, I like to imagine random images of madness and anarchy, bears riding unicycles and people stoning each other to death with hunks of shit while Flagpolle Sitta's chorus plays in the background. Yeah.

It makes everyhting even more epic :lol:

The best advice here is that midnights don't tell the whole story. When TF3's numbers came out last year, they were considered disappointing by a lot of people.

That was another impressive meltdown. I could hear people's tears falling in the floor.

Link to these tweets claiming to have discounted prices?

Midnights have premium prices in some areas and I've never heard of discount Tuesdays applying to midnight.

I'm just a figment of your imagination.

Posted Image

• Like 1