Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I expected bigger numbers because I don't have a real grasp on how this numbers work. As soon as we get the first weekend numbers we'll have a better shot at where this is going.Neo, updated estimates/predictions?

What do you mean? My predicts?

Where are you guys getting this idea that midnights were discounted? :huh:Discount Tuesdays generally only apply for actual Tuesday shows. Midnight shows are rarely, if ever, discounted.

A poster wrote that earlier

Where are you guys getting this idea that midnights were discounted? :huh:Discount Tuesdays generally only apply for actual Tuesday shows. Midnight shows are rarely, if ever, discounted.

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering. My midnight ticket said "late Monday evening showing." I would think that fine print means the theaters DON'T have to discount. :lol:

We had one report of a member of the board and SEVERAL on twitter. I also find it odd, but it happened.

For a midnight Tuesday that had discounts and full of kids? Fuck yeah. TF 3 wasn't that far bigger, I reckon?

At a midnight showing? :lol: :lol:

Nope. If anything, the percentage of the crowd that was made up of children was significantly lower than what TASM will see during the rest of its run. Kids are in bed long before midnight, dude.

No crow for anyone. Its a decent number but nothing earth shattering. Its below SM3 which did not have 3D premiums or the number of IMAX screens to help it but it is a Monday night so a lot of people won't go.It's decent just like the movies box office gross will be. So everyone calm down.

• Founder / Operator

But on Friday nights. :ph34r:

SM3 was on a school night. Comparing to midnight numbers from 2006 and 2007 is pretty silly on Sony's part, but I get why they're doing it. Midnights weren't nearly as popular back then (hence why even Potter didn't much more than that at the time). DMC had a "decent" midnight figure and still went on to break the opening record. Midnights just weren't as much of a factor then.