keysersoze123

ID4(Wednesday) Numbers ASM($23.4M)

Notfabio made an interesting comment comparing ASM to TF1.

tfrm had an especially larger than usual latino audience that may be weaker with spid4 {nm}
Is not this comment racist? lolIt is also factually wrong. Just compare TF and SM grosses in Latin American countries.

Unless you took two days off work this wasn't really a "Holiday weekend". Our office is about 95% full, few people took both days.So essentially this was treated as being just another "workday" to people. Meaning they don't want to be out till 10-11pm with a wake up time of 5/6am just around the corner.I do see Avengers went back to the 10 slot after it leapt up to 7 Tuesday.

TA was 7th for Monday then dropped to 600K for Tuesday and increased (33%+) yesterday to 800K.

I specifically remember you calling me out as being ridiculous or annoying or some such thing as that after we got the OD number and I was predicting the huge drop off it would have on the 4th.

Not for making Wednesday prediction.... check again.

And you nail every movie every time. STFU!

And check the BSG thread.... I had dropped my TASM predict to 285M.

Just saying that you love to dish out crow when you won't eat any yourself. Check page 4 and 5 of the thread. You're well known for adjusting your numbers right before or even after a movie opens so you won't look bad. Stick to your guns or don't call out other people, otherwise you look like a hypocrite.
  • Like 2

Just saying that you love to dish out crow when you won't eat any yourself. Check page 4 and 5 of the thread. You're well known for adjusting your numbers right before or even after a movie opens so you won't look bad. Stick to your guns or don't call out other people, otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

So true. I've never seen Fake come close to eating any of his crow, and believe me he's had plenty of it to eat in the past.
  • Like 1

So what does that mean for the legs?

That basically means ASM will have not as good an OW or legs as TF1. That is not surprising.

Is not this comment racist? lolIt is also factually wrong. Just compare TF and SM grosses in Latin American countries.

Calling out that a movie is playing out weaker with a critical community is not being racist. This is not about grosses in LA countries but about Latinos in stateside. They are a major factor especially in Los Angeles and suburbs(I believe notfabio's usual megaplex is in that area).

Looking at past July 4ths, why has it been a good release date? It hurts more than helps. Kind of like Thanksgiving where post-TG is so bad it balances out.

It allows films to make lots of money very quickly. Studios get bigger percentage of grosses earlier in the movie's run.

heh.... since when is changing predictions forbidden?

heh.... since when is changing predictions forbidden?

Dude, you change your predictions after numbers are released, then it's not a prediction it's just some gutless ass-saving tactic. You have no right to serve crow if you don't stand by your predictions like a man.

Looking at past July 4ths, why has it been a good release date? It hurts more than helps. Kind of like Thanksgiving where post-TG is so bad it balances out.

I think some hurt more than help, like when it's a Saturday.

Calling out that a movie is playing out weaker with a critical community is not being racist. This is not about grosses in LA countries but about Latinos in stateside. They are a major factor especially in Los Angeles and suburbs(I believe notfabio's usual megaplex is in that area).

Notfabio doesn't know the ethnic breakdown for TASM yet. Notfabio is just making assumptions. Rather stupid assumptions, because suggesting Latinos for some reason refused to support a new SM movie is plain ridiculous.

So true. I've never seen Fake come close to eating any of his crow, and believe me he's had plenty of it to eat in the past.

People really eat crow????? :P :P :P

I accept crow from guys who accept crow themselves. Where were you when THG dropped in 2nd weekend? Did you or anyone come out to accept any crow? I didn't even serve anyone.... so excuse me......

Notfabio doesn't know the ethnic breakdown for TASM yet. Notfabio is just making assumptions. Rather stupid assumptions, because suggesting Latinos for some reason refused to support a new SM movie is plain ridiculous.

No offense but notfabio actually works at a big megaplex in LA area. So he is in perfect position to judge the audience for a movie and relate it to similar films. So its not about plain assumptions but reflection based on actual data.

http://boxofficemojo...06-07-06&p=.htmThe 3rd had good Mon holds but then drops throughout the week followed by no recovery on the weekend.

This tells a different story: http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2006-07-03&p=.htmMost films increased from the previous Monday or went down by not much at all. For the Tuesday, most films went down, but the hold was better than usual.