Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

400M is (still) possible, but 490M ? unlikely ...

Maybe. I´m happy enough with 400 mill.

Everything else is gravy for me

Look how Batman increased. 400 mill is fine. Also for WB

Spider-man 3 was SO much bigger than TASM in Europe. TASM didn't even hit $20m in Germany (SM3 - $29.5m), and in France, TASM did only $22.7m, whereas SM3 did $54m.

In the UK, TASM did $40m, and SM3 did $67m.

Italy, $15.5m for TASM, SM3 $26.3m.

Man of Steel should be able to at least match those figures of TASM.

Edited by Heretic

I have the numbers for the OD in Argentina. Wasn't as big as i imagine. Here we count ticket sales, not money, and a movie is consider a big hit (like it was crossing the $100M in the 80's or 90's) when a film crosses the 1 million tickets.MoS OD was 40.229.Comparing it with the 80.000 from IM3 and the 101.000 from FF6, it's kind of a let down.

I have the numbers for the OD in Argentina. Wasn't as big as i imagine. Here we count ticket sales, not money, and a movie is consider a big hit (like it was crossing the $100M in the 80's or 90's) when a film crosses the 1 million tickets.MoS OD was 40.229.Comparing it with the 80.000 from IM3 and the 101.000 from FF6, it's kind of a let down.

'honestly half of iron man'3 take ain't bad, I always tended to compare this film to SR rather than a monster like iron man. IM3 made about 13 mill in argentina so MOS could make 6.5 mill overall, which is way bigger than SR's 1.9 mill or so.

• Like 2

Thor did 15.600 and Wolverine 20.000....

Huge opening day in India. Final figures are not in yet, but considering that it a wide release, a 65-70% occupancy and being way ahead of local releases is a good thing. Probably won't come near IM3 in the end, but for a new Superman movie, this is above best-case scenario. Word of mouth seems to be pretty good in India (at least judging from all the posts about watching and enjoying the movie on my FB feed)

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/man-of-steel-box-office-collections-india-opening-day/1/195838.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Zack Snyder's 'Man of Steel' had a very good opening across India on Friday, with collections touching around 65-70 per cent at the box office on an average.

The movie saw the biggest release, ever, for an English film in Tamil Nadu - in 145 screens all over the state.

The movie, which released alongside 'Fukrey' and 'Ankur Arora Murder Case', saw better occupancy for its 3D version.

Trade pundits see 'Man of Steel' dominating the box office this week, leaving the Hindi films behind.