Philippines 5.6M

India 3.5m

Base on these OW, I would guess the totals for these markets are

- UK: 45M-50M

- Mexico: 27M-30M

- South Korea: 20M+

- Philippines: 11M

- India: 9M+

So 112M-120M (could be up to 130M) from these markets.

Then you have potential 50M+ from China, 20M+ from Aus, 20M+ from Russia, 20M-25M from Brazil. That's at least 220M from 9 big markets I mentioned

I don't know the potential for it in France, Italy, or Germany.

I think if MoS had a 4 day opening, it could have matched, or slightly beaten IM3. But this is more impressive, since it's not a direct sequel to anything, just a reboot, and clearly, there's no 'Avengers effect'.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Iron Man 3 did £11.4m for its three days so MoS is number 2, still impressive.

Of course, incredible performance by MOS. What do you see for total gross in UK? I projected 45M-50M, is that conservative?

Personally I'm using SR as a reference point for this film so if can double what returns did in many of the markets then it's on the right path. 

It's hard to predict how this film will do in Russia and Europe, in Russia SR just over a million (before the market expansion) so its hard to know what the film will do now. Captain America did over 8 million so I see MOS doing 10 or so million.

As for Europe, SR did decent numbers in France (11 mill) and Italy (6.8 mill) so MOS does stand a chance of doubling those takes but SR did very badly in Germany (3.6 mill) so I don't know how MOS will be received there or whether Antje Traue's presence will affect the B.O. there (she is not a house hold name in Germany as far as I can tell).

In china I would be happy with more than 30 million but the predicted 50 million would be awesome.

In Australia I can see the movie doubling SR's take (10 million) especially if it's well received and Russel Crow's presence won't hurt.

That leaves the late markets like Brazil and Japan; Brazil has grown quite alot since 2006 so I can see the film doubling SR's 8,6 mill take but I don't know how the late release date for the film will affect the film's takings.

As for Japan, well SR did 11 million there, so MOS should be able to improve on that number but by how much? 

Ray from BOM:

Man of Steel expands in to France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and China next weekend—if it does similarly strong business in those markets, an overseas gross north of $500 million is likely.