Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Very few? UK was always the biggest market for the franchise. Asia and Latin America will give huge money to any action movie, particularly based on a comic book or family friendly. In Philippines it grossed in one day $1.66 mln. It wont have such OW in any medium-sized european market. 

To put it into perspective UK, Mexico and South Korea provided 30% of all foreign money for Superman Returns.  

Edited by juni78ukr

Uk:$17.1m

Mexico:$9.8m

South Korea:$8.8m

Philippines:$5.6m

India:$3.5m

Malaysia:$3m

UAE:$2m

Oh, it is the same prediction I set for MoS in my country, 3mil! Looking good for the third highest opening weekend of the year, behind Iron Man 3 and Fast 6. hope the actual will get pass G.I.Joe: Retaliation's $3.3mil.

BTW, it has successfully won TDKR's opening of $2.7mil!

That is great considering it opened in very few big markets. Next week its opening in many big markets and then australia, brazil and japan will still remain. So cannot predict where it will end up.

Yeah people act like it was released everywhere this weekend.If it were the numbers would be way higher.400 m is the floor.I think it will end up closer to 500 m.

MAN OF STEEL: $71.6M Overseas Total (24 Markets) / $196.6M Global Total. #ManOfSteel

Lower than what the studio expected 80M+, but still good. I'm not completely rule out 500M yet, lets see the weekdays hold. What big markets will it open in next weekend. Russia and China?

I think Brazil+Japan in July/August will generate another 40-50M at least and is 80M+ from China possible?

In China, it will open one day before a local movie with 50M+ potential. 80M is very unlikely, but 50M is locked.