CJohn

Star Trek 2 OS thread

That's pushing it. There's tons of competition every week in the summer. Par for the course.Even what it'll make plus $50m is way less than what it needs for your club to have a chance at succeeding.

That club is a ballsy one anyway with only a couple members in it.And don't be so sure yet...... CF might be affected by Thor 2 breaking out as well. ;)
  • Like 2

Thor 2 attracts females??

Either way they have enough space between them to co-exist and in winter its about legs rather than HUGE openings anyway.

CF should still be able to pull at least $300M+ OS. 

Yep, fangirls are crazy about the Thorki thing.

• Like 1

burn star trek burn !!!

:rofl: at ST2> IM3 dom , ST2> THG:CF ww clubs.

I really wish Star Trek 2 would beat Iron Man 3 since I have no doubt it is probably the better movie. Too bad Iron Man has all the advantages with the Avengers and being a superhero movie and all

The opening numbers in UK,Australia and Germany clearly shows that the fanbase of ST is not growing that much.

It really is a shame  :( Trek deserves more.

I can't believe after all the marketing to make Star Trek look appealing it will still struggle overseas. I mean even  a simple action movie like Battleship can reach 200m overseas without 3D yet for a Trek movie it is such a challenge no matter what. Even the GI Joe movies outgrossed Trek 09 overseas

• Like 1

I can't believe after all the marketing to make Star Trek look appealing it will still struggle overseas. I mean even  a simple action movie like Battleship can reach 200m overseas without 3D yet for a Trek movie it is such a challenge no matter what. Even the GI Joe movies outgrossed Trek 09 overseas

And nobody can predict for sure that it won't struggle at home either...not on the first week but being caught in sandwish between IM3, Gatsby, F6 and HGIII isn't the most comfortable place to generate maximum cash.

Its legs can be severly hurt by double threats like F6 and HGIII, then AE that is still a wild card at home.

In any case, the best it could do abroad is this weekend.  After that, it will go downhill with even more crazy competition os.  I expect both F6 and AE to inflict maximum damages to movies close to them OS.  They both are potentially lethal with Will Smith on one side with AE and extreme growing popularity on the other side with F6.

Edited by Ent