CoolioD1

Emmy Nominations (2013)

Fuck yeah Breaking Bad! Thank god it finally won. If it could win for 5.1 it certainly can win for 5.2 easy.

I don't know, if the show doesn't fuck it up Season 4 of Game of Thrones will be pretty damn formidable with all the brilliant stuff it will be adapting.

I didn't really expect BB to win in the Best Actor or BSA categories. Based on the submitted episodes, at least. I think Paul could've won for "Madrigal" but he submitted "Buyout" instead which didn't exactly scream "Emmy"! Cranston was mostly playing egomaniac Walt this season, which while awesome, didn't quite hit the level of holy shit acting we've seen from him before. I'd have probably gone with "Fifty-One" instead too (though "Say My Name" would've been a close runner-up). Mike was a much more subdued character emotionally so while Banks' reaction to being totally vulnerable in that episode was heartbreaking, the competition deserved it more.

That said, I hate to expect anything reasonable from the Emmys, the stars are all aligned for a sweep next year. In addition to it being the farewell season everyone involved has been knocking it out of the park even by this show's standards. Everybody's been turning in arguably their best work of the series i.e. Aaron Paul in "Confessions". But while I'd like to say that Cranston tied his Emmy up with the phone call at the end of "Ozymandias", it's worth noting that these are the same people who didn't give him the win for "Crawl Space" back in season four and his performance in that episode is something that I'm not sure will be topped on that show.

• Like 1

I'm so torn between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. Both being pitted against each other tears me apart. But I'm so happy to see Breaking Bad finally win!

I will say that I love Homeland but that episode did not deserve best writing over Rains of Castamere. It was good but that GoT episode was on a whole other lever. Completely robbed in that category. I also loved Jeff Daniels on the Newsroom, but again he is nothing compared to Bryan Cranston.

I was very happy to see Veep bring home some awards, I love that show and Julia Louis-Dreyfus' acceptance speech embodied what is so great about that show, easily my favorite moment of the night along with Anna Gunn, Jim Parsons, and Breaking Bad winning.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 1

Fuck yeah Breaking Bad! Thank god it finally won. If it could win for 5.1 it certainly can win for 5.2 easy.

This.  Because of that, they kinda boxed themselves and are gonna have to give it to Breaking Bad again because there is no question that the consensus is 5.2 > 5.1, especially with these last 3 episodes.  If the finale is as good or better than To'Hajiilee, Ozymandias, and Granite State, I wouldn't hesitate to call it a lock.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

I'm so torn between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. Both being pitted against each other tears me apart. But I'm so happy to see Breaking Bad finally win!

I will say that I love Homeland but that episode did not deserve best writing over Rains of Castamere. It was good but that GoT episode was on a whole other lever. Completely robbed in that category. I also loved Jeff Daniels on the Newsroom, but again he is nothing compared to Bryan Cranston.

I was very happy to see Veep bring home some awards, I love that show and Julia Louis-Dreyfus' acceptance speech embodied what is so great about that show, easily my favorite moment of the night along withAnna Gunn, Jim Parsons, and Breaking Bad winning.

UGH.

Daniels over Cranston? Give me a f'in break!

Same for Shitland >> Rains of Castamere, are you kidding me, it was only one of the single most epic episodes of television ever... ?!

Edited by aDIM
  • Like 1

UGH.

Daniels over Cranston? Give me a f'in break!

Same for Shitland >> Rains of Castamere, are you kidding me, it was only one of the single most epic episodes of television ever... ?!

Can't say I agree with 'Shitland' but it is horrible it beat out GoT. If any episode deserved the Emmy it was that one, and it was tragically stabbed in the gut.

Can't say I agree with 'Shitland' but it is horrible it beat out GoT. If any episode deserved the Emmy it was that one, and it was tragically stabbed in the gut.

I can imagine someone playing this outside the window of whoever controls the Emmy voting for writing to scare the crap out of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmJzkh-otRI

• Like 2

Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Tony Hale (hey, who expected that?) winning for Veep = awesome. If the series doesn't drop the ball next year, I'd love it to take Best Comedy too. For how fucking long can Modern Family be winning that?

Meanwhile, Jon Hamm losing THE SIXTH YEAR IN A ROW = fuck off, Emmys. And it's a shame that The Rains of Castamere didn't win for writing. 

• Like 1

Such a weird show. Some good winners, some atrocious ones, so much playoff music for winners but time wasted with random and pointless performances and dance sequences representing the Best Drama nominees (just as the Oscars got rid of things like that). The one for Breaking Bad in the jumpsuits with the periodic element cube choreography was especially :rofl:  I guess it's one of those moments that will go down in Awards Show Hall of WTF like Snow White and Rob Lowe and the Crash dance montage at the Oscars. Why didn't the regular In Memoriam montage use, I don't know, television clips of actors, instead of black and white headshots?

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

IMO-don't really like the Emmy's anymore. They only seem to do cable shows and not shows that people are watching. (Okay so maybe they do watch Breaking Bad, but yeah)

Did read that the In Memoriam was really dumb this year.

Still congrats to the winners, and nice to read that Newheart finally won after 50 years.

IMO-don't really like the Emmy's anymore. They only seem to do cable shows and not shows that people are watching. (Okay so maybe they do watch Breaking Bad, but yeah)Did read that the In Memoriam was really dumb this year.Still congrats to the winners, and nice to read that Newheart finally won after 50 years.

Yes, because awards are made to be given to shows lots of people watch. In a world where the most watched shows are absolutely dog shit like The Big Bang Theory and NCIS. Edited by Kevin Bacon