Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Exactly Shawn, Theater jobs pay really cheap which is why they hire teens, it's a Start-up job like working for Blockbuster or fast food. I'm not saying you can't have a career at a theater cause obviously management pays better but the people running projections, consessions, ripping tickets and cleaning are mostly teens. My 1st job was at Blockbuster and they paid 5.15 an hour, I was 16 :D in 96'.

I wonder, do theaters still survive soley on consession sales these days?1000 POSTS! :D :D :D Edited by Mojoguy

The shootings were a huge buzzkill; the enthusiasm went from epic proportions to minimal in the blink of an eye. This is going to be a very interesting run because i think many people will still be seeing it. I don't forsee a large dorp next weekend at all.I am confident this would have broken the record & topped 100 million opening day had the shootings not happened, but geez did they really dampen the enthusiasm surrounding the movies opening.This weekend is going to be hard to judge, anything over 170 million would have been excellent anyway; factoring in the shootings prob. cost this 30 million in sales, its a great number.This will be the most interesting run to follow in a long time. Extremely hard to predict where this movie is headed.

That I am. :lol: Never been in person before.Also, can someone tell me why I can't seem to get tickets for TDKR at the Leicester Odeon? They have all the showtimes listed, but I can't seem to click one to order. Are they all sold out? And holy crap at the BFI Imax.

The websites down for some reason. But the 1700 seater sold out yesterday and today at 15:15 and 19:30. Fukcing insane.

What's the minimum wage?

It's like 8 bucks an hour in BC. EDIT: They increased it to 10.25 recently. Used to be 8 bucks for adults, and 6 bucks an hour for people on work experience. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I wonder, do theaters still surive soley only consession sales these days?1000 POSTS! :D :D :D

Not solely, but predominately for sure. Without concessions, most theaters in the country would go out of business in this day and age.

What's the minimum wage?

In the U.S. federal mininum wage is 7.25 an hour, in 2012. When I was starting work in 96, it was 5.15. So in 16 years it's only gone up 2.10 cents. And the U.S. wonders why so many people are broke, SMH. It is extremely diffcult to survive off 7 bucks in hour in this day an age in the U.S. I know in other countries 7.25 would be a lot but the U.S. ecomony is different, food is expensive here. To put that in perspective, an Hour of work doesn't even get into a maitnee film and it barely pays for a combo at Burger King or Mcdonalds. Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

The websites down for some reason. But the 1700 seater sold out yesterday and today at 15:15 and 19:30. Fukcing insane.

Looking forward to seeing TDKR there next week, if I can get my hands on a ticket. :P Same with the BFI IMAX, if there are any tickets left for any show at a sane hour. :lol:

In the U.S. federal mininum wage is 7.25 an hour, in 2012. When I was starting work in 96, it was 5.15. So in 16 years it's only gone up 2.10 cents. And the U.S. wonders why so many people are broke, SMH. It is extremely diffcult to survive off 7 bucks in hour in this day an age in the U.S. I know in other countries 7.25 would be a lot but the U.S. ecomony is different, food is expensive here. To put that in perspective, an Hour of work doesn't even get into a maitnee film and it barely pays for a combo at Burger King or Mcdonalds.

Not as bad in the UK, if I worked minimum wage there, I'd be paid less than 4 quid an hour.

In the U.S. federal mininum wage is 7.25 an hour, in 2012. When I was starting work in 96, it was 5.15. So in 16 years it's only gone up 2.10 cents. And the U.S. wonders why so many people are broke, SMH. It is extremely diffcult to survive off 7 bucks in hour in this day an age in the U.S. I know in other countries 7.25 would be a lot but the U.S. ecomony is different, food is expensive here. To put that in perspective, an Hour of work doesn't even get into a maitnee film and it barely pays for a combo at Burger King or Mcdonalds.

I'm pretty sure I made 3.80 an hour back in 1989 or so....at a grocery store.

Looking forward to seeing TDKR there next week, if I can get my hands on a ticket. :P Same with the BFI IMAX, if there are any tickets left for any show at a sane hour. :lol:

There aren't until next Monday at least.

Not solely, but predominately for sure. Without concessions, most theaters in the country would go out of business in this day and age.

Thanks for the info.It's really crazy how important popcorn sales can be for a movie theater.

Dee, I would put it on par with TDK but slightly below BB. Hands down best third act of trilogy. There were two scenes near the end where I teared up. I don't remember ever tearing up in a theater before.

I'd rank it third but I agree that the last act was generally brilliant. I cried.

I'm pretty sure I made 3.80 an hour back in 1989 or so....at a grocery store.

Wow, I can believe it. I just don't understand why things are getting more expensive like movies and food. If the ecomony is bad, things should be cheaper not expensive but they are charging more cause people aren't spending as much as they use to, to save money.

Dee, I would put it on par with TDK but slightly below BB. Hands down best third act of trilogy. There were two scenes near the end where I teared up. I don't remember ever tearing up in a theater before.

Glad you enjoyed it.

There aren't until next Monday at least.

That's a long, long wait. Suppose seeing a movie at 00:40 isn't too bad, be like 4 o'clock for me with jet lag. :lol: Edited by riczhang