Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

So every industry insider like Rentrack and WB say they don't report numbers this week end yet somehow, rth can confirm the estimates.I am confused ...

playing the guessing game. estimates and final numbers are likely provided by Studios correct? well if studio is not providing numbers, who is. We know if studio provided numbers, ALL sources would always for all movies have the same estimate, but they don't

Hold on, it's the biggest 2D opening ever.

#4 adjusted for inflation, behind TA, TDK and SM3. I think news outlets will spin this very positively tomorrow but few of them understand box office.

Because I think RTH has access to the numbers which aren't being reported.11:30 IMAX sold out. Didn't happen yesterday. Maybe the panic/anxiety is lifting since there weren't any copycats on Friday/Saturday.

and Nikki doesnt? if he has access, a lot of others would too. but their estimates are usually off by some during big weekends, look at Avengers

Nikki does not have access to Rentrak. She has sources at each studio who have access to Rentrak. She reports what those sources tell her. She has conflicting reports when different studios tell her different things based on their different interpretation of the current state of the numbers.

hey according to someone I am arguing with, this movie will be frontloaded because it is comparable to Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2"Unlike TDKR, neither Avengers and TDK were really sold as sequels. Yeah, sure the reception of their predeccesors played a huge factor in their OW, but at the same time they also appealed to people who had not seen any of their predeccosors. Compare the trailers of TDK to the trailers of TDKR. In the TDK's case they made absolutely no reference to Batman Begins, whereas TDKR was sold heavily as being the conclusion to the trilogy. This meant TDKR only appealed to fans of the franchise, more akin to Deathly Hallows than TDK, where many who showed up to the film hadn't seen Batman Begins. Like Hallows, it's quite a huge fanbase, as evidenced by that massive-no-matter-how-you-look-at-it OW, but an OW driven by fans is bound to make the film very frontloadeddoes have a point?

and Nikki doesnt? if he has access, a lot of others would too. but their estimates are usually off by some during big weekends, look at Avengers

Difference is Nikki has sources that give her numbers. RTH is a source. He has access to RAW numbers.

To make this as clear as possible: rentrak is not publically releasing estimates, but rentrak users (studio ppl, insiders) still see what they normally do. WB is not officially releasing any numbers but Nikki's sources are 'anonymous'Long story short, Fri is legit and would only be off the usual variance. Sat is up in the air

Honestly, despite how your 4 friends or mothers feel. we will never know how much this thing could have made so it's pointless arguing about it. All we know is that it did affect the boxoffice. Let's put things into perspective here, anything over 180M would have been amazing, and all things considered, that's probably where it was headed. The talk about "there was just not as much demand" is nonsense.

Edited by cratos

Honestly, despite how your 4 friends or mothers feel. we will never know how much this thing could have made so it's pointless arguing about it. All we know is that it did affect the boxoffice. Let's put things into perspective here, anything over 180M would have been amazing, and all things considered, that's probably where it was headed. The talk about "there was just not as much demand" is nonsense.

It's not nonsense. TDK had a perfect storm of interest to it. TDKR doesn't. I've said this 100 times this weekend. The tragedy had an effect, no doubt. But not as much as you guys think. There are many other factors as to why this is not doing what many thought it would.
  • Like 1

If the 163 OW is true than it's more than official what this tradegy did to TDKR. I just find it odd that people are quick to admit that Heath's Death brought 100 Million to TDK but won't admit that the shooting probably decreased it's opening weekend by 20-30 Million. Funny.

• Like 4

If the 163 OW is true than it's more than official what this tradegy did to TDKR. I just find it odd that people are quick to admit that Heath's Death brought 100 Million to TDK but won't admit that the shooting probably decreased it's opening weekend by 20-30 Million. Funny.

So you think it would have opened to about 185? I agree that sounds fair. But by that logic, with the ostensible incredible WOM this is getting, this SHOULD drop by 40-45% next weekend? Fair enough?

It's not nonsense. TDK had a perfect storm of interest to it. TDKR doesn't. I've said this 100 times this weekend. The tragedy had an effect, no doubt. But not as much as you guys think. There are many other factors as to why this is not doing what many thought it would.

Honestly, 200 was always a pipe dream (even though I bought in towards the end). You can't deny that this was on track for at least 180 this weekend on Thursday. This was obvious from early reports after midnight a before all this broke loose. Since the story broke numbers went down significantly by the hour. You can't just write off something like this that has been running 24/7 since the incident.

And I wasn't directing that comment at anyone I'm just saying for the last 4 years from BOM to here, I've seen tons of people through out "Number Estimates" to what Heath's death brought to the TDK but now the shooting numbers can't be gaged?

I saw the movie on Saturday at a 5:45 show. The theater was decently full, but nowhere near sold out. My friend worried about the ability to buy tickets, yet there wasn't even a line. Whether this is due to the horrible shooting or a bit negative WOM or both, I'm not sure. But it's clear that no records will be set this weekend.

There is no negative WOM; Cinemascore, IMBD & twitter/fb prove this.It's the shooting effect.

I'd like someone to answer my question, if you please.Do you think this WILL drop less than 45% next weekend, due to the shooting and the incredible WOM?