Gopher

Why You Love Movies

I saw something like this on Badass Digest a while back and I think we could use something happy like this for this weekend. It's simple: list reasons for why you love movies more than pretty much anything else.I'll start. Because of popcorn. Because of the first 10 minutes of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Because Netflix Instant Watch will never compare to the communal experience of a movie theater. Because of Pixar. Because of Stanley Kubrick. Because of Paul Thomas Anderson. Because for nearly a full decade Potter fans were the most loyal moviegoers out there. Because of picking the absolute perfect movies for first dates... except Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Don't know what I was thinking there, really.

• Like 3

Being able to escape from realityWatching exciting stories unfold on large screensHaving an activity to do with friendsLaughing, crying, seeing something beautiful______________________Moviegoing has always been so meaningful to me.

Because of Dolby Surround SoundBecause of giant, high definition screensBecause I want to share my entertainment with someone, even if it's just 100 strangers in a dark roomBecause of Disney musicalsBecause of Christopher NolanBecause of James CameronBecause of the fleeting satisfaction of finding a good seatBecause of trailers

Edited by tribefan695

Ah, gotcha. Guess I'll broaden my list a bit thenBecause of soundtracksBecause I love checking the schedule to see what the next movie I should get excited about isBecause you only need to watch one episode to understand the entire story

Because of the Harry Potter SeriesBecause of The Lord of the Rings TrilogyBecause of the Original Star Wars TrilogyBecause of The Dark Knight TrilogyBecause of Christopher NolanBecause of Terminator 1 & 2Because getting lost in another world is by far my favorite thing to do with my timeBecause the atmosphere in a packed theatre when every seat is filled, everyone is invested and everyone cheers and claps at the right moments elevates a good experience to a great one.Because waiting to see what trailers you will get is always funBecause the movie theatre is where I feel most at home

Because of the Harry Potter series.Because of the insanely devoted Harry Potter fans.Because of being with diehards just like you in a midnight screening makes it much more personal.Because of Pixar/DWA.Because watching a triumphant film becomes inspirational.Because of watching a film in an enormous, high-definition screen.Because of the enjoyment of being with an involved audience.Because of nachos, hot-dogs, pizza, and Coke/Fanta!Because of hearing a great soundtrack blazing through the speakers.Because of feeling emotional with a story that's pulled you in.Because it carries joy when attending a film with friends or family.Because of the palpable anticipation when a film is about to start.Because of watching trailers to films you're anticipating in the big screen.Because they offer everyone an escape from reality. Whether it's Hogwarts, Middle-Earth, Pandora, a suburban house, or even a ship, they offer everyone a place to feel at home.

Because of high level performances by pros who escape into characterBecause of directors who have strong visions to tell complex storiesBecause of the theater themselves with huge screens and immersive sound that almost transport you to another placeBecause even if concessions is expensive it taste so damned goodBecause there are hundreds if not thousands of people who work on a film and dont get the glitz, fame, or glamour as others