CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

It was a pretty meh movie. Gotta credit the guy who does the voices for the minions. He's tremendously talented and very funny. The minions were great, but I thought the buy numbers plot with very little surprises throughout the movie made it very mediocre. Scarlett overkill was not memorable at all. Very forgettable character. The funniest and best parts by far for me were the opening 25 mins with the family of thiefs.. After they got to the villain con, it wasn't nearly as funny.

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel like this'll definitely disappoint to the forums' expectations for purely anecdotal reasons. I work at a summer day camp as a counselor, so I'm in direct contact with the kid demographic this is after. From beginning of camp (June 8) to their respective release dates, the campers couldn't stop talking about Inside Out or Jurassic World, and how excited they were for it. They were talking up Minions for a bit too, but since July has started, not once have I heard this movie brought up. I have a feeling Inside Out was so good for a lot of the kids, that this won't be as big as we think.

Not gonna call it a bomb, but I could see an OW in the 80s. My actual predict is 95M though, but 100M+? Don't see it happening.

Scarlett overkill was not memorable at all. Very forgettable character.

:( That's disappointing.

I've kind of suspected that we might be crazy overestimating this film. I think the franchise peaked already. Final prediction is probably about $103m/$328m.

• Like 1

Yeah....but sometimes it usually results to lower opening than most blockbuster we get this year.

The lower it opens, the lower the gross. :(

And I don't want that to happen....but....we really need more animated blockbusters opening huge and make more money.

And that's sometimes rare.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34