CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

lol Since when do we have to see a film in order to have an opinion. Did you see John Carter?

It would help don't you think? And what does John Carter have to do with this?

There's no way this will have a significant drop on Tuesday. I think it'll actually go up to $20M. I'd be shocked if it drops below 19.

Then get the doctors ready so they can revive you because it is inevitably going to drop today.
  • Like 2

RTX, why do you have to do this man? Give it a rest. You are the reason why Nolan fans are seen in such a negative light. One guy reads one of your posts, and bam.. we're all labeled delusional Nolanite asskissers.TA was an overwhelming success. Popcorn entertainment? Sure. But it was well done. Give it its credit when deserved and move on.

• Like 4

Avengers sequel will likely drop. This is what usually happens to generic, mediocre flicks. Not many people will remember TA to give a **** about the sequel.

Jerry Seinfeld, is that you ?Welcome on the forum.It is an honor to have you on our boards. :)

You still havent learned, have you? Given how hopelessly, hilariously wrong all your TA predictions were, you'd think that by now, at long last, you would have figured it out. But no, thanks to you, TA2 is gonna increase.DizMar should at least send you a fruit basket or something.

Disney needs the Anti-Nostradamus for IM3 and Thor2 next year. Hell, they might keep him on retainer forever or at least the forcible future.
  • Like 2

Why do some of you let one guy piss you off? So what if he doesn't like TA? Does everyone have to like the popular films? lol

Avengers sequel will likely drop. This is what usually happens to generic, mediocre flicks. Not many people will remember TA to give a **** about the sequel.

Posted Image

YOU HAVE NOTHING!! NOTHING TO THREATEN ME WITH!!!

Edited by MagnetMan
  • Like 2

Why do some of you let one guy piss you off? So what if he doesn't like TA? Does everyone have to like the popular films? lol

Doesn't piss me off, I think its lulzy.I actually think of him as our adorable lil mascot :D Edited by Orestes

Ice Age: Continental Drift $2,885,030 -51%The Amazing Spider-Man $1,550,349 -51%Ted (2012) $1,430,230 -50%Brave $974,233 -46%Savages $502,055 -54%Moonrise Kingdom $263,474 -50%Beasts of the Southern Wild $103,929 -55%Marvel's The Avengers $98,364 -44%Snow White and the Huntsman $67,485 -44%The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $63,861 -49%Prometheus $48,374 -49%Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter $30,535 -47%Boxoffice.com

Edited by Punishment

I think the run is just not going to be impressive regardless of holds.I went again last night, and ended up running out of the house at 8:05 to drive 5 miles to see an 8:15 showing. Had no idea it was an IMAX. Got there, and was told I was buying the last ticket. I was by myself. Figured I wouldn't get a decent seat, but no, found one right in the middle.The movie holds up very well the second time, and I unquestionably like it more than TDK in every way but one. The Ledger Joker is the only thing from the TDK that trumps TDKR for me. Yeah granted it's a big thing, but that's it. I thought Hardy does an amazing job as Bane, despite the limitations of the character given you cannot see half his face. And Hathaway, well, get in line boys, she's mine.Point being, it's a shame the movie is going to under-perform, and its even more of a shame the reason why. I think Nolan has ruined the Batman series as well. The movies he made will not be equaled, and I hope he decides to do one more later on. There are plenty of good villians to choose from, especially given some of the early rumors on TDKR, like Philip Seymor Hoffman as a Russian Arms Dealer, the Penguin, etc....I just cannot see any more Batman's being remotely this good.The final gross is going to disappoint a lot of you IMO.

I feel the same way. TDKR>TDK, but Ledger's Joker > Hardy's Bane. I like Bale's Wayne/Batman in TDKR over TDK. I also like Hathaway/Gordon-Levitt over Eckhart/Gyllenhaal. I could be happy if TDKR makes $475m domestically. At least it would be ahead of the Star Wars movies diomestically. I think it would be reasonable to say that TDKR would have ended up in the 550m-575m range if not for the shooting, but it's ok if TDK stays at #4 on the domestic list.I think worldwide, which is the bottom line number, TDKR can still get to the #5 spot. That's most likely where it was going to finish anyway. It will just be like 1.15B instead of 1.225B.

Doesn't piss me off at all. I think it's hilarious that every other post from him is about how mediocre and crappy TA is. This coming from a guy who hasn't seen it :lol:
  • Like 1

The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers were both awesome movies. Each in its one way though. The Dark Knight Rises was more dramatic and dark. The Avengers was more light hearted and funny. Both films appealed to a different side of the movie goer.

• Like 6