Punishment

Wed (8/1/12) Numbers: TDKR $7.330, IA4 $2.16m, Watch $1.46m

Just curious why there are no more dailies for the avengers, why did stop Disney stop reporting?

They're morons. Look at WB/Fox giving daily numbers for 5-6 movies while Disney (Brave) can't report numbers for 2 movies. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Like 1

...Or maybe you just have a short attention-span.

An instant personal attack, sure sign of someone with a chip on their shoulder.Saying a movie is long does not instantly equal that it was bad. People get so jumpy and defensive.I laugh at you sir.

Or maybe he didn't like the movie.

Baumer, may I ask what are your complaints towards the movie. You're coming off as a "hater" but I assume you have some good reasons.

TDKR really needs to be seen twice to fully appreciate, imo. It's just one of those movies. Hey Baumer, can I ask if you've seen it twice yet? If not I highly recommend it. I had pretty much the same attitude towards it as you the first time, but it changed significantly for the better after the second.

Edited by MovieMan89

TDKR really needs to be seen twice to fully appreciate, imo. It's just one of those movies. Hey Baumer, can I ask if you've seen it twice yet? If not I highly recommend it. I had pretty much the same attitude towards it as you the first time, but it changed significantly for the better after the second.

He's seen it twice. He liked it slightly more the 2nd go around if I recall correctly.

Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit more the 2nd time, whereas the first time, I thought it was merely 'good.'

He did see it a second time and liked it more, but still had a lot of problems with it. I think he moved from ranking it worse than SM3 to at least acknowledging it's not THAT bad. The acting alone keeps it from ever going into SM3 territory. Nolan really did get solid performances across the board. I wish we had that kind of acting in SM3 for goodness sake. But no, we got stuck with crying double chin Tobey and bored-as-fuck Dunst mixed with I'm-high-as-a-kite Franco and whiny Grace.
  • Like 2

He's seen it twice. He liked it slightly more the 2nd go around if I recall correctly.Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit more the 2nd time, whereas the first time, I thought it was merely 'good.'

I seen it 3 times. The 1st time I thought Bane could use some subtitles at times. I thought it was good. The 3rd time I realized that this may be the last good batman movie in a long time.

I did. The first hour was even longer. Since I was no longer hanging on every word trying to deduce what's going to happen the narrative seemed that much more drawn out. I don't even hate the movie but I'm good for some time. I'm ready for a Batman movie that has...you know, Batman in it. Not Days of our Lives: Gotham addition. OMG the time in the pit is a killer, someone please take the scissors and edit that down!!

Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises was expected to lose a bit of momentum heading into its third weekend, but according to Deadline, domestic online box office ticket sales are holding strong. The site report that the movie accounts for 56.6% of all transactions for Wednesday. Total Recall, which hits theaters this weekend to poor reviews, accounts for only 7.41% and Fox’s Diary Of a Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days an even less impressive 3.71% of all transactions yesterday. Of course that just accounts for online sales, we won't have a completely accurate idea of the final figures until after the weekend -- but I would say it is a good sign Nolan's Batman swansong still has wings. The movie is now expected to finish with a total worldwide gross of over $1 billion, but of course we'll have to see about that!

Read more at http://www.comicbook...g1z5UXpXu1X0.99

Edited by EaZze

Total Recall is going to flop. The terrible reviews just bascially affirmed that notion. Just makes it that much easier for TDKR to have a gread hold this weekend. TDK had to go up against Mummy 3 which did 40m+. I think Total Recall will make less than half of that.

Total Recall is going to flop. The terrible reviews just bascially affirmed that notion. Just makes it that much easier for TDKR to have a gread hold this weekend. TDK had to go up against Mummy 3 which did 40m+. I think Total Recall will make less than half of that.

Battleshit made $25m. I think Recall should be able to make that much. If it doesn't, we've got another bombs away scenario right after The Watch.