CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

And we already see the same people underestimating the power of the Avengers brand. 

I don't think it will be a huge hit, but it'll do quite nicely. And if it is actually really good then who knows where it could go. Especially if it ties in with the movies then people will watch it just for that, let alone if it is good.

If it is bad though then people will turn off it pretty quickly.

• Community Manager

And we already see the same people underestimating the power of the Avengers brand. 

I don't think it will be a huge hit, but it'll do quite nicely. And if it is actually really good then who knows where it could go. Especially if it ties in with the movies then people will watch it just for that, let alone if it is good.

If it is bad though then people will turn off it pretty quickly.

Well a big problem is that people might be expecting something that no TV show can possibly deliver. People tend to go into hyped things with expectations that it'll be the most fucking amazing thing they ever saw and anything less than that and they'll consider it a massive disappointment.

Truly, expectations are the worst enemy to entertainment.

@jonlovett "Aw dude you JUST missed Iron Man he was here literally three seconds ago!" - Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, every week5/14/13 3:03 PM

This was EXACTLY what Whedon said wouldn't happen in the show, using the specific Iron Man reference. I have faith. Why wouldn't I have faith? Whedon and a bunch of Angel/Dollhouse writers returning to TV!

• Community Manager

I hope Coulson turns out to be an android and it was the real one that died in the movie. That's the only way to bring him back without losing the pathos of his death. Plus it can lead to lots of Buffybot style shenanigans :)

It would be hilarious if Coulson died like every episode but there was always a new android to take his place.

Joss Whedon about SHIELD characters:

[They are] people I’ve fallen in love with who are soon going to have extraordinarily inappropriate fan fiction written about them.

— The all too right Joss Whedon on the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (from the ABC Upfronts)

He really knows the fan girls well  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Is that supposed to be Luke Cage in the trailer?

It's not Luke Cage, I saw quotes from people involve in the show denying that. Can't link now, I'll do that later.

It's not Luke Cage, I saw quotes from people involve in the show denying that. Can't link now, I'll do that later.

What a bummer.  :( But this allows Marvel to go for a smaller budgeted "Heroes for Hire" movie starring Cage and Daredevil, now that they have the rights back. With Ghost Rider cameo!

It was okay ... the biggest problem is that the entire time I'm thinking about how much cooler it would be if Iron Man, Captain America ... fuck even Black Widow or Hawkeye showed up to help. 

So I guess we're to think that Coulson isn't 'the Coulson', but probably some sort of clone or something.

I will say this ... Skye ... yeah that woman has it going on.  She's like a prettier Olivia Munn.

I'll watch next week ... and probably for a while regardless as I like to watch Marvel/DC properties on tv or movies.(I watch Arrow on CW)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I thought it was pretty good actually.

The biggest problem for me was really the first 15 to 20 minutes ... getting adjusted to the story of S.H.I.E.L.D. on a tv budget ... just the overall look of the show. 

The whole tie in to Extremis was kind of interesting, considering Iron Man 3 came out today.