CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

Well we saw this coming and for as cheap as they are to make, of course they were gonna make PA5.. Hopefully, the the team that did PA4 learn from the fan criticism and move this along or at least wrap it up with a BANG!! in PA5??? I'm seeing this tomorrow by the way on a regular screen cause I'm still not sure how IMAX benefits a movie like this?? What?? Does the Audio in IMAX give it that more added experience when you see the Activity???

I saw it on Regal RPX(similar to LieMax). Sound is 10x better

Some of the Saws are good no doubt. But the first 2 Paranormal Activity films are some of the best horror films I have ever seen.

Edited by Halloween baumer

Sauce Elms?

Sorry, bad voice to text.So this isn't even going to involve Hunter and the witches? This is going in another direction? If so you can count me out. I need closure. I need to know what happens to Hunter and Katie and blondie from 4.
  • Like 1

Voice to Text!?

My Android can take my speech and post it to anything, twitter, text, facebook and even websites like this one. But it doesn't always translate 100% correctly. :)

• Founder / Operator

http://www.boxoffice...activity-series

The fourth film, estimated to have opened with $30 million (over 40 percent down from its predecessor) domestically, will still end up hugely profitable. So much so that its hard to call it a disappointment in any way. But when we see the history laid out by the Saw franchise, the box office performance of Paranormal Activity 4 certainly *is* disappointing when considering the sharp decline's implications. For example, even when Saw IV declined from Saw III's franchise record opening gross ($33.6 million), it was a very modest 6 percent drop to $31.8 million.

Two years later, after Saw V stayed relatively flat with $30.1 million, Saw VI tanked (in part due to being overshadowed by the original Paranormal Activity). That fifth sequel was down an alarming 53 percent to $14.1 million for its opening. Word of mouth steadily declined with each installment after the first, audiences grew fatigued of seeing the same and never-fully-resolved story every 12 months, and the series went on auto-pilot.

Fans and otherwise can agree: that's pretty much what's happening with Paranormal Activity now. So, what's the solution?

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I think the solution is simple, honestly I do. The first two established a story and then a backstory. I believe people went to see 3 because they loved two but also that it promised an origin to the story. Then it just said "fuck you" we're not telling you what that origin is. So people got pissed and they stayed away from the 4th. And even though the 4th is decent, it still does too much to tease is with the witch stuff. It needs to enlighten us. If they want to keep the story going in the direction of 3-4, then they have to tie it all up. The fifth should be the one to tell us about Katie and Hunter and why he was kidnapped.To me, it's that simple.

I'm not sure what will be done here. It's a law of diminishing returns, and each year Paramount will pay out a bit more for each new installment. Up until now I've thought Saw was a reasonable series to compare it with, but that 4th film drop is Mahoosive! I think we'll get to a sixth film, but beyond that I have no idea.

I think if Paramount takes a page out of its earliest horror franchise and calls the next or the sixth one, "Paranormal Activity 6: The Final Chapter" and they really advertise it so that we all know it is going to tie it all up, then it will end on a high note artistically and financially.