Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

You must mean 3D re-release. TASM was a 3D reboot. :P

Yeah yeah you know what I meant.

The original Matrix in IMAX 3D is another I would see.

BTW, is there anything else currently being released or being filmed in true IMAX?

You know for all the flak TPM 3D release got, it still made 103 mill WW. That's pretty good for a supposed hated film. This leads me to believe Clones will still do relatively well. For the record, Titanic did 343 mill for its 3D release.BatB did 61 mill TLK did 177 mill.So it looks like Nemo will have a chance to maybe hit 80-100 mill WW.

Yeah yeah you know what I meant.The original Matrix in IMAX 3D is another I would see.BTW, is there anything else currently being released or being filmed in true IMAX?

Yes, the next films to come out in IMAX 3D are:Out of Africa 3DGandhi 3DThe Deer Hunter 3DPlatoon 3DThose should be riveting.

Nikki finally shows up:FRIDAY 8:30 PM UPDATE: It’s looking like a revived box office at the start of the domestic weekend as Disney/Pixar’s 3D release of Finding Nemo (2,904 theaters) and Sony/Screen Gems’ Resident Evil: Retribution (3,012 theaters), which is the 5th installment in the sexy sci-fi/horror franchise, battle for #1. What a relief for Hollywood after weeks of lackluster threatrical sales and the lowest-grossing weekend in at least four years. Right now, Finding Nemo looks like $6M today and at least $25M for the weekend. But it could soar past $30M given the family fare and lack of fresh kid movies at the multiplex. Resident Evil 5 is doing better today with $8M-$9M and maybe as much as $10M after it grossed $665K in its midnight screenings overnight ahead of its wide bow. But it should top out at $22M-$25M for the weekend because it makes its real moolah internationally. More later.

Not quite. I expect Nemo to jump pretty big on Saturday.

It would require about over 90% Saturday jump to get there..... doable but not likely.I expect 70-80% jump.FRI: 6MSAT: 10.5M (+75%)SUN: 7M (-34%)So 23-24M opening.

Thing people didn't realize was that Nemo DVDs were in circulation since it came out in 2003 to earlier this year. Lion King was out of print since 2004 (blame the "Disney Vault") and therefore higher in demand. 6m is good, it could do 21-23 with that, but it was never going to touch TLK. Hard to blame a re-release for "disappointing" since between TLK, Titanic, Nemo and Raiders these are really just glorified advertisements for Blu-Ray releases.Also, hell yeah The Master!