Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

How's the rental business? Its doing quite nicely here, people rent a lot of movies. We have three chains of rental stores, and all seem to be doing good. Action movies and horror and comedy are the most popular

Rental business doesn't exist here :lol: Nothing. I think there are no stores of that anywhere. Nobody rents movies. We have 0 chains of rental stores.

To have a 200k PTA for the weekend, The Master needs to go up 25% today and drop 15% tomorrow. It's extremely difficult, but it's not impossible.EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized it was on 5 theaters, not 4. Still, this is unbelievably amazing.

Edited by Spaghetti

To have a 200k PTA for the weekend, The Master needs to go up 25% today and drop 15% tomorrow. It's extremely difficult, but it's not impossible.

I think WOM will determine today and tomorrow. If it keeps selling out, we might see the 200k number. I just can't wait to see what it does next week with its expansion. Edited by acsc1312

So now we can put to rest all this negative feedback about Titanic and Menace. For films to be on DVD for years and to be playing on TV every weekend, to come out and make 40-50 mill is quite astonishing when you think about it. Nemo's opening is fine.

• Like 4

So now we can put to rest all this negative feedback about Titanic and Menace. For films to be on DVD for years and to be playing on TV every weekend, to come out and make 40-50 mill is quite astonishing when you think about it. Nemo's opening is fine.

True, Lion King's run was just phenomenal last year and because of that some people have lofty expectations for the other 3D rereleases. Lion King 3D's run last year was the biggest box office shocker for me last year
  • Like 1