CJohn

Weekend Actuals (Taken 2 - 49.5M, Hotel Transylvania - 27.05M)

Decent for Taken 2, I definitely wasn't as excited about the movie after the trailer. I think we'll see it around the 40m mark by the end of the weekend if not a little under.Good hold for Transylvania, was hoping Looper would hold better.

17.5 M Friday is decent?

Yep, unfortunately watched it. What a waste of space, awful from start to finish, ridiculous script and not much action either. Can't think of a film that was such a huge drop quality-wise from its predecessor.

There were issues of course and it's definitely not on par with TAKEN but I enjoyed it. The "mapping" scene was intense.

Yep, unfortunately watched it. What a waste of space, awful from start to finish, ridiculous script and not much action either. Can't think of a film that was such a huge drop quality-wise from its predecessor.

I haven't seen Speed 2, but that's apparently up there.
  • Like 1

Speed 2 was awful indeed, but at least it had Willem Dafoe. Here we got the coat guy from Batman Begins, who conveniently speaks English in Albania??

Ah yes my ( unfortunately ) fellow countryman Rade Sherbedzija who needs to die in real life in the same whatever way Neeson killed him in this one He's just a terrible excuse for an actor

Taken 2 clearly had a role in hurting other films - primarily Looper and EoW. I don't imagine that legs will keep it afloat throughout the month, however.Frankenweenie was always going to be a bigger cult hit beyond its theatrical release, so I'm not too upset. Hell, it exceeded my 11.8m predict. PP probably could have done better if it didn't have the platform release last weekend. WOM should help it not die over October, however.