CJohn

Weekend Actuals (Taken 2 - 49.5M, Hotel Transylvania - 27.05M)

I watched a couple of interviews with Neeson recently.I know the guy's pretty stoic in general but boy, I've never seen an actor less interested in the film he's ostensibly promoting. Talk about just turning up for a paycheck.

It's hard when an actor doesn't have any script approval or any say in the production. Don't know what kind of influence Neeson had in Taken 2. They sign on and pretty much are stuck with what the writer/director comes up with. They are at the mercy of the creative people and the suits. The only thing they can really say is "at least I got paid" lol and move on to the next project.

If I was an american kid, this halloween I would first see Paranorman, then run to see Hotel Transylvania and finally go see Frankenweenie. Then of course horror movies on tv and trick'n'treating FUCK why there was no halloween in my childhood

I don't think it will plummet next weekend. Maybe 55-58%. Nothing out of the ordinary for a front loaded sequel.

Argo, Sinister and Here Comes The Boom are opening. I think a possible 60%-65% drop is expected.

• Founder / Operator

With the way word of mouth seems to be going, I'm definitely not seeing a drop below 60% next weekend. Especially with Argo going after the adult audience.Pretty sure Taken 2's second weekend won't reach Taken 1's, for that matter.

Edited by ShawnMR

With the way word of mouth seems to be going, I'm definitely not seeing a drop below 60% next weekend. Especially with Argo going after the adult audience.Pretty sure Taken 2's second weekend won't reach Taken 1's, for that matter.

Lower than 20M? Ouch.