Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

Christian Bale: Since hanging up his Batcape, the Oscar-winning actor has returned to his roots — going Method in two high-profile new films about men on the edges of society. In Scott Cooper’s Out of the Furnace, he adopts a blue-collar Pennsylvania accent to play a steelworker seeking to help out his troubled brother (Casey Affleck). And in David O. Russell’s American Hustle, he packs on pounds — and sports a memorable combover — as a 1970s con man pressured into helping the FBI with a sting operation. To appear shorter than costar Bradley Cooper, Bale even changed his posture — and herniated two disks for his troubles. “The old L4 and L5,” he says with a sigh. “I didn’t mean to do that, but yeah. I was just in bad bloody shape.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/11/06/this-weeks-cover-hobbit-american-hustle-holiday-movies/

• Like 2

Jesus...

I really lol'd hard.

"I dislocated my vertebral disks just to appear shorter than Bradley Cooper".

Lulwut? It's something out of a SNL skit material.

"Christian Bale, the actor who would break his two legs to play a Hobbit so he can appear shorter than his co-stars. Christian Bale, the man who will crucify himself for real to play Jesus and carries a cross when he's shopping at K-Mart talking in aramean to the cashier. Christian Bale, the actor who would eat his own flesh to lose pounds. "

• Like 3

Funnily enough, watching the trailer, I was surprised that Cooper was noticably taller than Bale. Probably not worth a spinal injury though. But hey, he's already fucked his liver with the weight changes, why not deform a few bones too?

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

If Christian Bale had starred in Breaking Bad, he would have gotten cancer for real

Imagine if he had starred in Philadelphia or Silence Of The Lambs as Buffalo Bill or Hannibal Lecter...

He wouldn't even be here today to speak about the turmoil and the toll of his method acting in interviews.(Maybe from death row for the latter)

Edited by dashrendar44