Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

A "Feige type leader" and "more movies like Aquaman, The Batman, and Joker" are mutually exclusive goals.

I disagree, I could see Fiege makng any of those.

Real problem is Feige;s are hard to find.

2 hours ago, BeastByTheBay said:

New Line basically makes films for HBO Max nowadays. Discovery is probably going to rebrand New Line into HBO Max Films or something.

New Line is a sad story; it managed to throw away all the huge profits it made on LOTR in a series of expensive flops that brought it to the edge of bankruptcy; upon which Warners basically demoted it; it went from being a indepdent studio under the overall Warners label to being a division of the Warners bros film studio proper. It no longer reported directly to the Warners CEO but to the head of Warner's Motion Picture, and has been pretty much a minor layer ever since. It got credit ,yes for the Hobbit films, but Warners studio pretty much was the mian player; the ones who Jacksonhad to deal with.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

New Line is a sad story; it managed to throw away all the huge profits it made on LOTR in a series of expensive flops that brought it to the edge of bankruptcy; upon which Warners basically demoted it; it went from being a indepdent studio under the overall Warners label to being a division of the Warners bros film studio proper. It no longer reported directly to the Warners CEO but to the head of Warner's Motion Picture, and has been pretty much a minor layer ever since. It got credit ,yes for the Hobbit films, but Warners studio pretty much was the mian player; the ones who Jacksonhad to deal with.

Will LOTR rights go to WB ?

23 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

Will LOTR rights go to WB ?

Well, since New Line is no longer a seperate studio under the WB lable but a division of Warners Brs Studios WB Has the LOTR rights.

You do know the difference between the Warners corporation and the Warner Brothers Studio?

Edited by dudalb

Get Michael Bay and make Superman his comeback film. Get Jacob Elordi to star. Film Elordi the way that Bay once filmed Josh Hartnett. Go slightly more serious/slightly less funny. Bay can Make Superman Great Again. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Get Michael Bay and make Superman his comeback film. Get Jacob Elordi to star. Film Elordi the way that Bay once filmed Josh Hartnett. Go slightly more serious/slightly less funny. Bay can Make Superman Great Again. 

I do not want Michael Bay anywhere near Superman or DC, thank you.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 2

25 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Hasn’t Supes suffered enough?

On 4/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, dudalb said:

I disagree, I could see Fiege makng any of those.

Real problem is Feige;s are hard to find.

This can’t be understated. But WB historically isn’t able/unwilling to give up too much control. 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Jacob Elordi's DC future is gonna be like KJ Apa where the most he gets is an HBO Max movie (they just announced Apa is gonna be in the Wonder Twins movie they're making for the streaming service). Embrace it, accept it, move on.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jacob Elordi's DC future is gonna be like KJ Apa where the most he gets is an HBO Max movie (they just announced Apa is gonna be in the Wonder Twins movie they're making for the streaming service). Embrace it, accept it, move on.

Elordi's pretty solid in Euphoria tho? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Elordi's pretty solid in Euphoria tho? 

He's...fine. I don't really see much future big star potential for him or any of the non-Zendaya actors beyond nabbing some notable projects while the show is on. His obviously fake piano playing in Deep Water was golden though.

18 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I don't get the hype for Jacob Elordi. He's incredibly basic in looks and acting

Agreed also I’ll think of the prick he plays from Euphoria when watching him as a hypothetical Superman. I want to root for Supes, not to want him to get killed.

I kept seeing people talk about that guy Jacob Elordi but I didn’t know who that was till I saw him on hot ones cause I don’t watch Euphoria. I actually found him to be a pretty interesting guy and really enjoyed  the interview so I’d be fine with him getting a role in a DC movie or show. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

I don't get the hype for Jacob Elordi. He's incredibly basic in looks and acting

He also doesn't exude ~goodness like Superman should. There's something very dead-eyed and Patrick Bateman about him, even in his interviews.

I think Nick Hoult would probably be a good Superman. He has kind eyes lol

Edited by snarkmachine